No announcement yet.

Thank you for assistance and support...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for assistance and support...

I want to thank you all for your assistance and support.

My advice to anyone facing an unreasonable ex equipped with LOA:

1. Good luck, and my sympathies.
    2. Fight against OCL involvement.
    3. Get counselling (whatever the form) for yourself.

Day 3 of trial starts soon. And so a 3 year battle comes to an end, with another father reduced to being a paycheck.

OCL assessor took the stand first. Based on judges reputation and conduct, OCL response and general courtroom behaviour. My lawyer (35 years experience) encouraged me to settle and save on court costs and legal fees.

Can’t stress this enough, have a support system. Once you hit the wall of family law, it’s devastating both mentally and emotionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a fool gets married for a second time......

Or at least marry someone making the same money you are and don't have more kids.

IMHO

Comment

Sorry, I meant I’m the father in this situation.
      I didn’t want to include too many details, check my past posts for full background.

Comment

so your lawyer, after sucking you dry for 3 years, is recommending you stop now in the middle of trial?

What is the problem?

Comment

you say your lawyer has 35 years of experience.... has he ever before represented a stay-at-home father?

Comment

I’m not a stay at home dad, I work full time, pay CS and SS, live on the left over scraps and still put the kids first on my weeks.

Ex is the one on odsp and loa, who is applicant looking to change.

My lawyer has always been upfront with costs and my chances. {sarcasm} as the only one with a full time job... low {sarcasm}

Once we knew our judge, our chances went down. He almost always supports OCL recommendations regardless of status quo, unless you poke giant holes it it. After a full day examination of ocl assessor by LOA as he went thru every line of the report and our 50 min cross we poked some holes. As the assessor didn’t want to admit her mistakes. Like not checking with doctors and school, saying it’s wrong to medicate a child without knowledge of other parent, but then saying it was ok that ex did it... etc.

The judge then allowed the applicants lawyer a one hour break to go and print emails to then re-examine the assessor and plug the remaining holes.

This trial that was booked as 4.5 days, and is being stretched out by loa lawyer who suddenly confessed he thought he had two weeks.

So lawyer advised that she knew that despite the report the judge would break the status quo but would give me the overnights so it would be wise settle for the kids sake.

Comment

I represented myself. I had terrible judges that I only dealy with by appealing the decisions, I had to sue my own lawyer to pay for their mistakes,

The only mistake you made was by accepting to be part of the system - shouldn't have gotten a lawyer, you should have made this your life till you got what you wanted

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X