Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child support:change in circumstances/disclosure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is time to file the response for my ex and her lawyer to see that my affidavit and proof contradicts every lie stated in hers..maybe then we can get an unreasonable person to be reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tandem80 View Post
      Maybe it is time to file the response for my ex and her lawyer to see that my affidavit and proof contradicts every lie stated in hers..maybe then we can get an unreasonable person to be reasonable.
      Are they filing a motion for the Sports? Or just trying to bully you into settlement ? You can state your side on an settlement conference breif if a SC is all that you are having.

Comment

Yes she filed a motion for the sports. There was a pike of receipts I never knew existed. It's mainly her wanting money, because her affidavit never said anything about trying to force me to take them to their activities.

Comment

Yes she filed a motion for the sports. There was a pike of receipts I never knew existed. It's mainly her wanting money, because her affidavit never said anything about trying to force me to take them to their activities.
          Then you state in your affidavit that she did not consult with your prior to enrolling the children in the activities and only communicated with your when payments were required. You do not agree to the sports being a necessity for the children, are not inline to the families spending patterns, and that they infringe on your weekend parenting times (despite the very limited time that you have). The other parent is demanding that you take the child to these activities on your parenting times and you have no say in it. Accordingly, you are not agreeing to these activities .

Comment

She is devious though she knew eventually having the kids so busy in activities they will be able to decide when they are 12 if they want to come see me or go to their activities. I didn't want to argue over the money so offered to pay for them all and in return set a maximum budget going forward and that the kids come to me on my wkd regardless.

Comment

Oh trust me my affidavit says just that and more. we have been hanging in to it in hopes of coming to a settlement but I am at the pint I'm ready to tell my lawyer to file it so her and her lawyer can see my evidence brought forward.

Comment

She is devious though she knew eventually having the kids so busy in activities they will be able to decide when they are 12 if they want to come see me or go to their activities. I didn't want to argue over the money so offered to pay for them all and in return set a maximum budget going forward and that the kids come to me on my wkd regardless.
                Has she kept the child from you on your weekends? If so, then you need to cross motion with a contempt motion.

I wouldn't let the ex tell me how to spend my time with our child. We'll do whatever the hell we want. I highly doubt that the children would choose their activities over you. I'm sure they miss you lots given your little time they have with you and how prolonged the visits - or rather , parenting times are.

I'm not sure what to say to children in that situation if they are choosing sports over you. Perhaps you could speak to an experienced social worker to help you be able to process such thoughts /concerns with your children ?

Comment

The kids have told me over and over they are more than happy to come see me and miss their sporting activities. When they get older and are not under their mother control (making them feel bad missing their sports to come see me) then they can express their true feelings on the matter. Right now as far as I see it it is done to limit my access and or force me into a schedule I had no say in.

Comment

Just a helpless situation now. She wants to cut back my weekends so they can attend their sports. I had no say. This is how she punishes me. She knows I value every second I get with the kids.

Comment

There you go. THat's what I like to hear. Now go restore your time and have your lawyer persuade the judge to tell the mom to take a hike. Actually, I don't think your lawyer will have to do much talking. A judge will likely tell mom to take a hike. No judge will be happy with what mom has done here.

There should be a book called "what not to do as a sole custodial mom"

Comment

So should I just stop hanging on to my response and file it? 6 months have passed of back and forth on the proposals and still nothing.

Comment

So should I just stop hanging on to my response and file it? 6 months have passed of back and forth on the proposals and still nothing.
                          provide a response in your hearing affidavit

Comment

I'm not sure what that is? We keep adjourning court to come to an agreement if that isn't going to happen we have composed a response to her affidavit....which we will file anyways we are just holding off until an agreement is made.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X