No announcement yet.

Falsely accused: anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he makes substantially more then you so he needs to pay offset to you. Its up to you to get an interim support order for cs at the very least.

I think his reasoning is that he had/kept the kids from you for a period of time and you didn't pay him support so now he is playing tit for tat. Not good on his part.

I realize that you agreed not to file taxes on consent but I am wondering if that is enforceable to begin with? I would contact cra and find out if its legal in their rules to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      he makes substantially more then you so he needs to pay offset to you. Its up to you to get an interim support order for cs at the very least.

I think his reasoning is that he had/kept the kids from you for a period of time and you didn't pay him support so now he is playing tit for tat. Not good on his part.

I realize that you agreed not to file taxes on consent but I am wondering if that is enforceable to begin with? I would contact cra and find out if its legal in their rules to do that.
      Yes, X kept kids from me for a period of time due to false accusations (you have no idea the measures I took just to see my kids!). Should I be financially liable for that?

In all honesty, with the various investigations that have occurred that have proven X's allegations as false, wouldn't this appear more to be about money than the kids? Why would I be liable? The entire matter is underhanded and horrific. Who does this?

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        Yes, X doing this. How is it not (legally) good that X is doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by MommyTime View Post
          Yes, X doing this. How is it not (legally) good that X is doing this?
          He is legally and morally required to support his kids. If he wanted support from you before then he should of asked the court for a CS order but I take it he didn't? Even then your income was very low so you had no money to pay anyways.

A judge will not look favourable on your ex not paying especially when you are in the financial situation you are in. Your ex is trying to get back at you but he is punishing the kids (by not paying CS). he tries to use that fact that you didn't pay support as a reason for him not paying support the judge will not be pleased with that.

Get an interim order for CS a soon as possible. There is a calculator online that you can use if you have an idea of his income. Remember though, its an offset amount not a full table amount.

Comment

I make nothing. I have made VERY little for years. Industry crumbling, overtop of stigma of working from home, overtop of this case / its demands.

I'm due back in court next week. I'm literally starved out. Considering X works for government in a VERY high provincial position, it's a difficult dispute. High government does have influence over family judges. I'm sorry, may be wrong, but what I've been led to believe (insofar)... I can guarantee that "I have powerful friends" has had an intimidating factor on me.

I just now feel like I'm on the hook for legal measures that inhibit my ability to move forward like my X does not exist. Like I said, I am smart / talented / high IQ-EQ / don't need this threat... BUT I feel threatened because insofar I AM on the hook for child support whereas he falsely accused me of so on and so on.

My question has been from its beginning, should I be LIABLE financially (whether through CRA or Family Court) for false allegations that multiple investigations have found me innocent?

I ask, why does my X seek financial compensation from me when I was minimized throughout the union to solely support X's investment portfolio?

(please do know X has a life insurance policy on X-spouse that costed $450 per month through the union). Does this say anything? I cannot hold back that X also had life insurance policies on various other family members.

Ya, X is a representative in Ontario government and I will never divulge the extent (quite high!). It just may scare tax payers too much -- but I do know that new laws based on my circumstance is part of the play for X. Not trying to fear anyone...

Also, I am aware that any measure I've signed up for in Ontario has been infiltrated. I've simply been told. Honestly, simple as that.

So, ya, I'm stuck.

X has "powerful friends"..

What can I do?

File my taxes so that I can gain stability as needed from IP? It's almost laughable!

Comment

Originally posted by MommyTime View Post
              So, ya, I'm stuck.

X has "powerful friends"..

What can I do?

File my taxes so that I can gain stability as needed from IP? It's almost laughable!
              Go public, make a fuss, get on the 6 o'clock news. You'd be amazed what shinning some light on the corruption will do .... especially if - as you say - your Ex is high-profile (image is everything to these types).

Comment

I'm just sick of this. Private individual where X has exposed even sealed files going back 20 plus years. All public now in this province.

X has a lot of power. I can go on 6 o'clock news but how will that affect my kids?

I can tell you much of what's going on in Ontario government has to to with my genuine / root / innocent ideas. How they manifested are beyond my control (and against my root beliefs).

X is an "advisor" to high provincial powers.

All I care about, on social assistance, are my children. It's that simple.

Comment

To some degree, I can relate to your story. The "starving" aspect of your situation and the question about how going public may affect your kids rings true for me.

I told myself shortly after my Final Order issued just over 6 months ago (after 4 years of court related attention) that should items related to the Final Order not be honoured by the OP, I was not paying any more legal bills. So far as I was/am concerned the firm I hired did their job. In fact, the judge did their job.

At this point, if I going to be paying more, it will be to a PR firm and this case will be tried in the Court of Public Opinion.

I'll let the OP choose from a selection of photos and videos which ones I use in the campaign. I think that is just.

Talk with a PR firm. They may be able to best speak to how/if this may affect the kids based on variables etc...Maybe, your X can recommend one. ;^)

Comment

if it is as bad as you say it is then do something about it. Uncover the cover-up. Not trying to sound harsh or mean but you are sounding a bit paranoid. If you have the proof to bring government corruption to light then you should do it. I know myself that I would think you were very brave person to do it and I have a feeling others would also.

He still has you intimidated. He can have all the "powerful" friends he wants, that doesn't mean he gets to determine what a court will do. The judges have certain leeway with some stuff but for the most part they follow previous case laws.

He cannot get away without paying CS no matter who he knows.

Comment

I don't think a judge would give a crap who your ex is. If your ex is high profile then the judge, if any thing, would be careful to dot his i's and cross his t's because of the scrutiny which could come with the case becoming public.

Most "high profile" people I've known opt to resolve their matters privately (JDR or arbitration). I do know one person who's husband was/is a prominent heart surgeon and they went public to the point that yes it was on the local news. Didn't make any difference to the outcome whatsoever.

Life carries on and what is big news today is old news tomorrow. Sooner or later you will realize that nobody, besides you and your ex, care about your litigation. No one cares about the false allegations as that is common place in family law. Sad but true. If your outrage has led you to want to make changes then check out majoring in Political Science.

Definitely get your taxes filed and quit listening to what your ex has to say. Of course he is going to make some ridiculous low-ball offers to you, and you are insulted, but you should try to remain aloof and scoff at everything.

BTW those 2 year law enforcement programs might get you a job as a night watchman somewhere, IMO. Check out a legitimate degree program at a recognized university.

Comment

Originally posted by odinn View Post
                        To some degree, I can relate to your story. The "starving" aspect of your situation and the question about how going public may affect your kids rings true for me.

I told myself shortly after my Final Order issued just over 6 months ago (after 4 years of court related attention) that should items related to the Final Order not be honoured by the OP, I was not paying any more legal bills. So far as I was/am concerned the firm I hired did their job. In fact, the judge did their job.

At this point, if I going to be paying more, it will be to a PR firm and this case will be tried in the Court of Public Opinion.

I'll let the OP choose from a selection of photos and videos which ones I use in the campaign. I think that is just.

Talk with a PR firm. They may be able to best speak to how/if this may affect the kids based on variables etc...Maybe, your X can recommend one. ;^)

What you are suggesting could very well land you in criminal court defending against extortion charges. Tread lightly. If you think family law is expensive your in for a wake up call when you find yourself in front of a state sponsored lawyer with no care about his clients ability to pay.

Comment

People are entitled to speak up and tell their story however uncomfortable it is for the other party and it would/will be a different perspective on what has already been made public.

I follow the 'rules.' It is the other party that through their behaviour has failed to follow the 'rules' and do what is in the best interests of their child to the point that their behaviour is considered despicable.

I'll make sure I am following the 'rules.' I am not reckless.

Thanks for the warning though once.is.enough.

Comment

People are entitled to speak up and tell their story however uncomfortable it is for the other party and it would/will be a different perspective on what has already been made public.

I follow the 'rules.' It is the other party that through their behaviour has failed to follow the 'rules' and do what is in the best interests of their child to the point that their behaviour is considered despicable.

I'll make sure I am following the 'rules.' I am not reckless.

Thanks for the warning though once.is.enough.

In the same boat.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X