Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice Please - STBX demanding my employment contract as part of Disclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice Please - STBX demanding my employment contract as part of Disclosure

Hello community,

Well here I am in TO ! 5 minutes away from the children. OCL has recommended EOW (fri to mon), Wed, 3 weeks in summer and half of all holidays.

STBX is refusing this level of access. She is demanding disclosure, which I believe I have provided.

She is demanding to see my employment contract with my new employer in Toronto.

I would rather not disclose that simply because I don't believe I am obligated to. and I don't trust her not to slander me with my new employer. I would like to leave my past in my past.

Am I obligated to provide my letter of employment ?

please help.

thanks

You are obligated to provide her with nothing more than your tax information that confirms how much money you made in the previous fiscal year.

In general, any attempt to extract information like that from you, in exchange for "letting" you see your children, is a terrible and flawed thing to do.

Comment

What are her reasons for wanting you to disclose this? Does she feel you are not being honest about your new income or perks that may included as income?

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
        What are her reasons for wanting you to disclose this? Does she feel you are not being honest about your new income or perks that may included as income?
        possibly. I can think of no other reason.

Comment

no

you are only obligated to disclose what you have been ordered by the court to disclose

Comment

All she really needs to know is how much money you make, so that support can be calculated accurately. That's what tax info is for. I can't think of a reason why she would need to know who you work for, what you do, etc. (Depending on your circumstances, there may be a couple of employment-related issues that are relevant - are you carrying the kids on your benefits, are you actually residing in Toronto so the EOW is feasible, etc) - but I think these can all be addressed without giving her a copy of your letter of employment).

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
              All she really needs to know is how much money you make, so that support can be calculated accurately. That's what tax info is for. I can't think of a reason why she would need to know who you work for, what you do, etc. (Depending on your circumstances, there may be a couple of employment-related issues that are relevant - are you carrying the kids on your benefits, are you actually residing in Toronto so the EOW is feasible, etc) - but I think these can all be addressed without giving her a copy of your letter of employment).
              Thanks Strips. She is making me go to court Dec 17th (I filed a motion) to try and get the holiday (including Christmas) and regular access the OCL sees as fair.

Making my life a living hell. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                BTW, the kids are on by benefits already and she has my TO address.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
                  possibly. I can think of no other reason.
                  Only thing I can think of is that because you changed jobs, this would be a change in circumstances and thus CS could be adjusted. If that is the case, she wants to know what your true income is and may not totally believe what you are telling her?

Either way, I don't think she is entitled to this information unless you were ordered to provide it.

Comment

If there is an issue regarding your location you can simply give her a copy of a utility bill. Your ex is merely out on a fishing expedition. She did disparage you to your former employer and will likely do the same again. You are wise to keep your guard up with her.

Comment

You can provide a simple letter if employment saying you are employed by the company as of xx date, it may or may not include your salary if you want.

She is not entitled to see your employment contract, in fact many include a confidentiality/non disclosure agreement as part of it

Comment

OCL's just don't pop out of nowhere and do assessments

Must be an Application and Reply made in the past

There's a fight on custody/access, obviously

Matter looks to of started to crawl along since I will guess May or June

The glowing OCL thingy wasn't done at the new address, (it appears)

Your moving in quick (the Motion) for as much access as you "maintain" as per OCL

employment contracts...are basically self employed or contractors

Sketchy information means piecing things together......Judges are better at that than me.

A LONG term contract is to be made by parties for the children.

as opposed to whatever employment contract you have....it may be a short term contract (to gain the upper hand in Family Court)

the ability to parachute into any area (near the kid(s)) is so very convenient.

The self employed are the scourge of the Courts, Courts love a soft target...smuck 20 years on a assembly line as a example.

If the EX thinks she has found a "weak spot" she'll work with a pry bar to expose it.....and Judges will gobble it up

If you have nothing to hide then there's no fight....if you have documented proof EX got you fired (I'd be outraged and so would a Judge) but I don't think you have that.

Proving you get many short term and long term contracts as part of your profession is better than....hiding one employment contract.

You also need time living near the kid(s)...courts look at more than just DAD living around the corner. The slow Court process will get you some TIME. PLEASE check out what a parent is under the children's law reform act (section 24 I think)

But hurrying into a Motion....watch out if the EX and kid(s) are established

You need a "parenting plan".....best interest of kids stuff (under CLRA)

Waving a OCL report around a Courtroom for a assessment done "somewhere Canada" ....may be a bad day for you

IF you didn't prepare properly for the Motion and you lose it...The OCL report is diminished (getting that good report the OCL visited close by family and supports if you moved the reports useless)

Anyways...you should of come here sooner. Is all I can say (for now)LMAO
                        Last edited by MrToronto; 12-05-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
                          OCL's just don't pop out of nowhere and do assessments

Must be an Application and Reply made in the past

There's a fight on custody/access, obviously

Matter looks to of started to crawl along since I will guess May or June

The glowing OCL thingy wasn't done at the new address, (it appears)

Your moving in quick (the Motion) for as much access as you "maintain" as per OCL

employment contracts...are basically self employed or contractors

Sketchy information means piecing things together......Judges are better at that than me.

A LONG term contract is to be made by parties for the children.

as opposed to whatever employment contract you have....it may be a short term contract (to gain the upper hand in Family Court)

the ability to parachute into any area (near the kid(s)) is so very convenient.

The self employed are the scourge of the Courts, Courts love a soft target...smuck 20 years on a assembly line as a example.

If the EX thinks she has found a "weak spot" she'll work with a pry bar to expose it.....and Judges will gobble it up

If you have nothing to hide then there's no fight....if you have documented proof EX got you fired (I'd be outraged and so would a Judge) but I don't think you have that.

Proving you get many short term and long term contracts as part of your profession is better than....hiding one employment contract.

You also need time living near the kid(s)...courts look at more than just DAD living around the corner. The slow Court process will get you some TIME. PLEASE check out what a parent is under the children's law reform act (section 24 I think)

But hurrying into a Motion....watch out if the EX and kid(s) are established

You need a "parenting plan".....best interest of kids stuff (under CLRA)

Waving a OCL report around a Courtroom for a assessment done "somewhere Canada" ....may be a bad day for you

IF you didn't prepare properly for the Motion and you lose it...The OCL report is diminished (getting that good report the OCL visited close by family and supports if you moved the reports useless)

Anyways...you should of come here sooner. Is all I can say (for now)LMAO
                          Thank you for your input.

I am usually polite to anyone taking the time to respond to my posts. So I will continue to be so. I will say the following though:

1. I have moved to Toronto to be close to my kids, isn't it apparent that the OCL (who represent the kids) are operating from Toronto ?

2. As far as OCL contacting parties - I have 4 children, the youngest is 10. They are all intelligent and can speak well for themselves. My understanding that the OCL and clinician had worked with them to determine their needs.

I welcome criticism. That said valid criticism is a function of critical thought.

I wish you well Mr. T

PND
                          Last edited by plainNamedDad44; 12-07-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

She is demanding to see my employment contract with my new employer in Toronto.
                            In accordance with Rule 13 of the Family Law Rules you will be ordered to provide a copy of this contract. The Rules require "full and frank" (Rule 13.(6).a) disclosure of your financial position.

If you were not before the courts either as an Applicant / Respondent you could tell the other party to take a long walk off a short dock. But, as you are either a respondent/applicant in a court matter subject to Rule 13 you should provide it or the court will order you to do it or your employer.

See my posting: http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...nancial-17239/

Disclosure of the other party's employment contracts:
                            x. A copy of the Applicant/Respondent's signed and dated employment contract from his/her employer "Name of Employer" clearly stating his/her salary, position, bonus and other benefits.

Disclosure of the other party's reason for leaving a job or being terminated:
                            x. A copy of the Applicant/Respondent's signed and dated resignation letter or signed and dated termination letter from his/her employer "Name of Employer".
                            I highly recommend you provide the disclosure with your Form 13 or Form 13.1. It is not uncommon at all for this disclosure to be found on Form 20's or to be made at a conference (case, settlement, trial) and for them to be ordered.

Good Luck!
                            Tayken

Comment

I welcome criticism. That said valid criticism is a function of critical thought.
                              I always think of this when I read postings from particular users:

Raving Lunatic Obviously Took Some Advanced Physics | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

TORONTO, ON—Known throughout the community on Ottawa Divorce for his outbursts and his postings full of trash, area street denizen "resourceful" must have had a bad experience before Family Courts at some point, sources reported Wednesday.

"Where's my cheese? Don't take my rowboat! Got no room! OCL!" the lunatic screamed from his account on Ottawadivorce.com. "I need custody! Gimme custody! Joint custody! United Nations Rights of the Child!"
                              Good Luck!
                              Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X