Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 9 yr old son wants to come to my place instead of his Mom's.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    You, as well as the rest of the readers know that this is not a diagnosis but a personal opinion posted on a public message board. It is based on observations of the highly conflicted statements and a personal opinion. You as well as the rest can take-it-or-leave-it.

It isn't a diagnosis. It is a personal observation of the thread in comparison to the 2300+ other threads I have contributed to on this site.

As stated, and clearly outlined on my posting count, it is a personal opinion based on having contributed to 2300+ postings on this site. That is all. You can take it or leave it.

Do you even understand what a "diagnosis" constitutes? If you did you wouldn't trying to create conflict throwing that ontological term around like that.

Who doesn't come off as "snippy" on a divorce forum where parents are seeking negative advocates to give them advice about how to alienate a child, seek frivolous litigation and generally ignore facts, jurisprudence and sound parental advice based on clincal information from trusted sources such as Gary Derinesfield?
    Tayken, You do realize that you sound like a medical professional, right? It definitely seems like you are doing your research, so if somebody didn't know any better they would think you are qualified to make some of the statements you do. You are obviously an intelligent person, and you are very well written. I think something like this needs to be very clear. It is well known that there are actual lawyers on this site, and why wouldn't there be a medical professional as well? I think people need to be very clear on this. You do realize people on here that take your answers for gospel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Unevenplayingground View Post
      Apparently, I did.
      lol we all do at times

Comment

• Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        Beat me to the punch line on that one as always...
        It's easy to do when you're so wordy!

PS I realize this is my shortest post ever.

Comment

• I believe that in other threads Tayken has clearly stated that he cites his observations from an assortment of reference manuals commonly utilized and published by the APA (American Psychiatric Association). DSMIII is an older reference manual which can be purchased at used bookstores. (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
          Last edited by arabian; 10-28-2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: typo and clarification of DSM

Comment

• We are fortunate to have a few lawyers on this site and it is interesting to get their opinions. However, receiving advice on this forum (legal or medical) doesn't substitute in any way for paying for and receiving professional advice from your own lawyer. We have no way to know whether contributors are actually certified practicing lawyers etc. I would recommend that a person always get a second opinion and never rely 100% on advice from this or any other public forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
              We are fortunate to have a few lawyers on this site and it is interesting to get their opinions. However, receiving advice on this forum (legal or medical) doesn't substitute in any way for paying for and receiving professional advice from your own lawyer. We have no way to know whether contributors are actually certified practicing lawyers etc. I would recommend that a person always get a second opinion and never rely 100% on advice from this or any other public forum.
              I couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unevenplayingground View Post
                Tayken, You do realize that you sound like a medical professional, right?
                Not sure how I "sound" like anything? I don't record my postings I type them.

Originally posted by Unevenplayingground View Post
                It definitely seems like you are doing your research, so if somebody didn't know any better they would think you are qualified to make some of the statements you do.
                Then they really should seek medical attention as I am someone anonymously posting on a board as "tayken".

You are obviously an intelligent person, and you are very well written.
                Actually, our good friend hadenough from this board frequently sends me corrections to my writing. (Thanks hadenough! ) So, I wouldn't really make any assumptions on anyone's intelligence from what they write.

I think something like this needs to be very clear. It is well known that there are actual lawyers on this site, and why wouldn't there be a medical professional as well?
                Well, if you expect me to be a medical professional you are wrong. I am not, nor have I ever stated I am. I am very good at linking things on Google to common patterns of behavior and questioning why someone's statement doesn't match this material. That is about it.

I think people need to be very clear on this. You do realize people on here that take your answers for gospel?
                That is a shame if they do take it as "gospel". I am no OCPA "guru" or anything. Just try to be a rational human who reads and applies materials. That is about it.

In fact, you can find many corrections of the information I provide from people like Mess, OrleansLawyer, Blink, et all... I provide a perspective but, it is one of many on this site.

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

• Quote by Tayken "Actually, our good friend hadenough from this board frequently sends me corrections to my writing. (Thanks hadenough! ) So, I wouldn't really make any assumptions on anyone's intelligence from what they write."

lol, Tayken.

@Mess: I hope I am not partially to blame for you to be engaging in "cork soaking" j/k lol. Ok, bad "me" - I'm waaaay off topic.

As for Doctors on this site: I'm not aware of there being any. :/

Comment

• I thought Slug was the forums Love Doctor, and so willing to whisk Arabian off to Jamaica too?... Looks legit!

Comment

• If it happens you call your ex right away and you approach it together... If there is a problem at bus time talk to the school and he bus company; make sure they know the schedule. If it were the other way around would that be ok?

My suggestion is when your son speaks like that you speak positively about the time he spends with his mom (mention the stuff he likes, activities he does with his mom, positive attributes of his mom etc. - hard I know but it will help your son feel secure) and remind him when he is coming back to see you.

I have been on both sides of this and neither is fun. Stick to the schedule and support the other parent.

Comment

• murphyslaw: slug would have a hard time accepting me for being me as I am a SS recipient. Darn. The thought of his bald head under my nails was really turning me on. Hey how did I know he was bald???? Must have been a dream! I know, I was dreaming about picking up my latest SS cheque and this pin-head jumped out at me and said "IDONTLIKEPEOPLEWHOAREONSS" and I just jolted awake. Very strange.

Comment

• I think the big issue here is perspective....

From the outside looking in, we don't really have the same perspective the OP does. We are basing our opinions on the information provided and are generally unbiased when it comes to the OP and his ex. I have no dog in that fight, so my perspective and opinion on their issues are going to be strictly on the facts.

The OP is knee deep in it. He sees what his ex does/doesn't do, and his perspective is likely based off of that. He obviously holds a low opinion of the ex and her family, and that is likely influencing at least part of his opinion.

If one were to simply stay to the facts they are:

1. there is a court order for custody;
                          2. the ex has made arrangements for child care during her work hours;
                          3. the child is too young to make their own decisions;
                          4. if this were school or something else similar, the child wouldn't be given the choice or enabled to choose;
                          5. the OP's opinion of the ex and her family is irrelevent without supporting documentation that they somehow pose a danger to the child.

IMO, instead of trying to undermine the ex, the OP should be looking to work towards an agreement that allows the boy to come to his house after school until she is done work. And instead of making points about how bad mom's house is, making the matter more about allowing him and the boy more time together to facilitate their relationship.

From the outside looking in, I think the OP does have a point, but his perspective on the matter has jaded his view and thus twisted what he should be trying to say (facilitating their relationship in the best interest of the child), and instead has resorted to insulting and undermining his ex and her family..... And we all know which formula is more successful in court...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X