Weekend Access cancelled by other parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Access cancelled by other parent

as the title states, my weekend access was cancelled by the other parent. Many of you may already know about the awesome situation that I have been in for the last few years.

I originally asked to have this weekend extended to the Monday and Friday, and she came back wanting the entire easter this year and every year forward. and that I could have another weekend to makeup for it. I said no. Her reasoning that I'm not a Christian and I shouldn't have the child for Easter. Our order doesn't say anything about holidays, just that access is alternated every other weekend. This would be my regular weekend and we didn't agree to any changes to our schedule. Easter has been alternated for the last 3 years - just so happened easter fell on our weekends and she was content with our daughter being with me on the weekend 2 years ago. I do take our child to easter hunts, etc.

Who's all been on this nasty boat? The police was not able to help. My thoughts are to do an interim motion to find her in contempt and expand access, set out a regular equal sharing holiday schedule, and set a police assistance clause. Otherwise, I feel like it's going to be a very ugly summer, with her possibly completely cancelling my summer.

Or maybe with me just keeping our child for a complete month - seems the police won't do anything - but I know how aweful this could look in front of a judge or OCL, so that's likely not going to happen. Just a thought.

The police did okay it for me to go back banging on her door all weekend until I get my weekend. I asked if that would be harassment they said nope, not if she's not giving you your kid on your weekend.

Any thoughts, words of wisdom, all would be appreciated. We have a settlement conference coming up in a few weeks.
    I know my lawyer said she could get in a lot of shit if she did this.
    Last edited by trinton; 04-14-2017, 06:46 PM.

Hi Trinton,

Not much you can do buddy. Apparently the boss has spoken. Your job now is to document yet another self-entitled, selfish, gatekeeping, piece or crap move by your ex. I'm starting to see where your anger is coming from on this site (even if others don't .. I get it).

1. No, don't pound on her door all weekend.. not good for you, the kids..nobody

2. You're NOT going to do any revenge gatekeeping to get back at her.

3. You will document this (including something from the police call).

I'm guessing you spoke with your kids a lot about this awesome Easter weekend..and she just stepped in and abruptly changed their routine .. not okay at all. She's not god..she can't just decide to cancel your weekend. I'm not Christian and I celebrate Easter like crazy...my family and I love it.

You need to get to court and get this handled. Next time you're around a judge...get holidays taken care of...among other things.

This is perfect ammo for your upcoming SC. She's handing stuff to you now.
    Last edited by LovingFather32; 04-14-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks LF. I appreciate your support.

Comment

came across this written by Forum owner. For anyone else who's been in this situation.

8 Tips for Dealing with Denial of Access - Ottawa Divorce Blog

Nice article Jeff.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X