Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement of facts

Is there a form for this?
    And is the statement of facts created by the information provided in the responses from requests to admit?
    Do we allow the other lawyer to see the statement of facts and preview them before filing? (I ask this as I know for certain they wouldn't accept anything we put to paper as they ignore most of our communications despite them being legitimate).

Any help would be appreciated.

This may help. It's around page 22.

http://www.legalaid.on.ca/en/info/do...tips_08mar.pdf

Comment

No current form, from what I can find. Some divorce software has forms that aren't on the Ontario Court Forms website.

Use form 33D as a general guide, you may be able to modify it depending on your skills with forms. Otherwise, just use a word doc, with form similar to the standard court forms. After the applicant/ respondent and lawyers are listed, start off with "The applicant and respondent jointly agree to the following facts as being true and accurate:" and list off the facts that you would be able to agree to. The link limer provided explains some of which is usually found on the form.

Send to the other party as soon as reasonable. It is not meant to be used for anything contentious. Remember - any facts you want to use in court need to come from somewhere - separation dates, birthdays, etc. are needed for establishing support. Stick to the non-contentious issues here and you will minimize the back and forth.

Maybe stick somewhere in the middle, just for kicks - "Both parties agree that the applicant/ respondent is a goof." just to see if they are reading. ;-)

Or maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by ByMyself View Post
        Maybe stick somewhere in the middle, just for kicks - "Both parties agree that the applicant/ respondent is a goof." just to see if they are reading. ;-)
        Funny.... I remember once in draft referring to my mother in law as monster in law (was easier to write). I forgot to change it before serving. My lawyer caught it... don't know if the judge did.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X