CAS and The Easter Bunny? Hamilton, ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS and The Easter Bunny? Hamilton, ON

I read this today and thought it a bit strange. I didn't know where to post it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/03...ef=ca-homepage

Obviously it sounds ridiculous, but let's change context.

Kid comes from an atheist family. Foster family insists on bringing kid to religious services every Sunday morning, is that ok?

Kid comes from jewish background. Foster family refuses to celebrate jewish holidays, is that ok?

Kid comes from aboriginal (or whatever designation is trendy these days) background. Foster family refuses to acknowledge that background and dresses kids in western clothing and sends them to western schools. Kinda like a residential school but small scale. Is that ok?

Kid comes from family that believes in the easter bunny. Foster family refuses to acknowledge the existence of easter bunny, is that ok?

My point: Nobody is forcing anybody to celebrate any holidays. However, if you voluntarily decide to take in a kid from a different culture, perhaps you have a responsibility to make some efforts to raise the kid in the manner he would have otherwise been raised.

Comment

1. If only he’d been nice to Fluffy.

2. Sometimes in custody trials it’s the little things – literally – that help judges figure out what’s really going on.

3. Because believe it or not, judges realize that how people present themselves in affidavits and on the witness stand, is not necessarily how they behave when no one is looking.

4. Sometimes the little things can speak volumes.
      http://canlii.ca/t/gt08x

Not the case... I can't find the one referenced in the article. Someone may have alerted the media to the matter. Generally, CAS files don't have names attached. So, I found the reporting really weird.

But, it did remind me of the above quote from Pazaratz...

Comment

If my children were removed by CAS I would hope they went to a good home with loving people like the Baars the last thing on my mind would be if the Easter Bunny was visiting.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X