No announcement yet.

Life insurance changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I want to request life insurance, after receiving my order for support, do I do that through a motion?

Comment

It would be part of your agreement. Im pretty sure that its an unenforceable clause. Take out your own insurance on him and stop worrying.

Comment

No agreement, court order. I think it's family law section 34(1) but need to figure out how to go about asking for it

Comment

You can ask for it but it doesnt mean it will happen. Thats why people will tell you to open your own policy on him.

Realistically, this a man who is adamant about not paying child support. You are going to waste your energy battling for a life insurance policy? Work on the cs first and then worry about the other details. Life insurance is a "nice to have" but hes disappearing to avoid cs.

Comment

That was what I was sort of thinking. I figured I'll get it into the order. I'm not actually expecting him to obtain it. But at least I'll have the order. This guy is 50 and Reckless. He states that he only plans to live till 60. I've never seen anything like it before. So now that the child support secured I'm expecting him to try to take me back to court to lower it. Or maybe he'll just pay. I'm thinking I'll leave it alone for a year and then when we go for the support adjustment I'll ask for it then. Sorry if any of this wordings off and using voice typing in my car as I drive. Is my Bluetooth though so I don't know how it's going to turn out grammar and spelling

Comment

Its not an enforceable clause so best to get it yourself.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X