Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just had disclosure meeting - re-conciliation counselling ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully LF32 can chime in with his thoughts, he may have some helpful advice for you.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
      mom have final say but that we both be fully involved in all decisions. Does this imply joint custody with her getting final say ? OCL did not specifically say sole custody.
      Yes, joint with her getting final say. Functionally, pretty much the same as sole custody. Normally I would say to fight this, but since the current situation has you with no custody, I guess this is marginally better.

mom have Christmas eve and day every year and that I get boxing day ( the middle week ) every year returning child on New year day
      Unless you care a lot about Christmas, that sounds good. Try to make it later on New Year's Day so you can sleep in.

My Plan is to get mom agree to have re-conciliation before we get to trial, and dispute the custody and access recommendations. What is best way for me to do that? Do you guys see any gaps or things that don't make sense to you?
      Why does it matter if she agrees or not? Sometimes it is better if she doesn't agree. If you are going to trial, and there are some things that will be argued at trial that you are likely to win, then you want them argued at trial. It is important to get some "wins" at trial to get costs (or to reduce costs if they are awarded against you).

To me, part of your application would be a demand for reconciliation therapy, in line with the OCL recommendations. If she opposes it, awesome.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X