LoL@custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoL@custody

I'm doing the math right now and for 2015, as things stand now I'll have 38% custody if calculated by the hour and 41% custody if calculated by nights slept.

Just enough to make sure the ex cashes in (they'll use by the hour)

@Links17....

I guess you should be happy with what you've got eh......am sure you are asking the question, where is "equality" when you need it?

I am sure you are already on top of things, but cherish every moment and make the most of of that 38% access time. I make the most of my 50% that only materialized after putting my money where my mouth is.

I do not get any help to raise our child, and sure do not expect anybody to contribute anything towards the upbringing of our child i.e. coat cut according to size.

Comment

I make the most of my 50% that only materialized after putting my money where my mouth is.
      That's a mistake, you pay taxes for justice, you're also ethically entitled to the money you earn. Never forget the judges work for us.

When I'm done with my personal issues, I'm going to definitely raise awareness on the problems in family law and hopefully at least bring some awareness....

Comment

you're also ethically entitled to the money you earn. Never forget the judges work for us.
        I'll like to think am ethically entitled to the money I earn....I am happy to have a job for life, I don't have anyone handing me / have a 3rd party hand me money they worked hard for.

We all work for / answer to somebody, but there will always be unfairness in this world either through abuse of delegated "powers" or other means.

Again...although it was unnecessary to have been put through the access/ custody thing, I won't hesitate doing it again in another life because obviously am not bound to find myself in that situation again in this lifetime.

For us fathers that don't abandon our children, they will thank us for it in the future, and well of course kids will come to see for themselves where the evil lies.

Hatred, Animosity, malice, nastiness, viciousness, abuse, discrimination etc has no place in this world....but we pray for and forgive those that live their lives by these acts......I mean just look at how Nelson Mandela handled his situation
        Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          I'm doing the math right now and for 2015, as things stand now I'll have 38% custody if calculated by the hour and 41% custody if calculated by nights slept.

Just enough to make sure the ex cashes in (they'll use by the hour)
          Why would you allow them to use by the hour? There have been many discussions about this and tons of case law about judges not counting hours. But that is up to you to seek a change or let your ex take advantage

Comment

In quebec the jurisprudence says otherwise, its a lost cause unless I want to go to the supreme court and then that officially has a snowball's chance in hell

Comment

Quebec's Child Support Determination form doesn't specify hours anywhere that I can see so why do you think it would be calculated that way? Does your ex have an order granting her the right to calculate CS other than the following?:

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/englis...ix-ligne-a.pdf

I certainly have no experience with child support but I am curious as you often state that things are much different and better in Quebec.

I googled and came up with this one which was put on internet on January 6, 2014:

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/englis...e/modele-a.htm
              Last edited by arabian; 01-19-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

things are much different and better in Quebec.
                As someone that has lived in that Province, when it comes to CS and SS amongst other things......."things are much different and better"
                Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I should be careful of Googling and citing a Statistics Canada source?

I'm not sure of the relevance Cirque de soleil owner's divorce is in regard to this thread (hours vs. days in determining child support).

Comment

I'm in the exact same situation, but in Ontario.
                    I'm glad that I have ~40% with my daughter, as I started from 4 hour access once a month, but to fill up the time with programs require a lot of money. And unfortunately what I pay as CS is not spent on her.

Comment

We have always been WELL over 40%. WELL OVER. 3.5 years thus far. And if you read my post about trial last week the judge didn't care. And keep in mind, this isn't a poor mom making do with a little bit of child support... mom makes almost 40K tax free just from us, plus another 8-10K a year in CCTB, has a live in common law spouse and also runs her own business making at least another 40K a year.

What the law states and what the law does are often two different things. It is wrong. No one would suggest mom take less child support than is rightfully owed to her. But Judges easily expect that dad's will pay more than they should.

I encourage you to read my posts on trial and the bias that was had between the parties. For the record, the judge was female.

Comment

I thought you didn't go to trial but rather a pre-trial? Perhaps if you had gone to trial you would have had the opportunity to point out the injustice? It sounds like the judge was pressuring the two sides to settle before the trial.

Comment

That's a mistake, you pay taxes for justice, you're also ethically entitled to the money you earn. Never forget the judges work for us.

When I'm done with my personal issues, I'm going to definitely raise awareness on the problems in family law and hopefully at least bring some awareness....
                          Why don't you want to do it now, as you go? What stops you? Someone has to do something; yes, no, may be?

When you are done with your personal issues, I can almost guarantee you, you won't want to move your baby finger, 'cause it will seem irrelevant/not important to you any longer. It is now or never.

The crap in family court is happening only because the parties involved/discriminated there (men mainly) do absolutely NOTHING to change the situation. Do you, guys, have right to complain?

Remember, for everything we have in our lives today, someone fought, someone went to jail, someone got ridiculed and someone got killed some ages ago.

My point is or actually two points:
                          1. If you don't do a thing to change the situation - don't complain. Swallow it.
                          2. If you don't like the situation then do something to change it, NOW.

Comment

I'm glad that I have ~40% with my daughter, as I started from 4 hour access once a month,
                            A lot of us fathers that are involved in our kid(s) lives are more than glad for you too. Well done maestro

but to fill up the time with programs require a lot of money.
                            It need not be about filling up your access time with programs. Yes kids needs extracurricular activities to keep them busy and social with their peers. Don't for a second think you always have to spend money.....if you aren't already doing this, play board games, read more books with them, invite their friends and parents over to your place i.e. play dates, go to bookstores / library, tobogganing in this weather etc

And unfortunately what I pay as CS is not spent on her.
                            Well, all payors have no control over this, and it won't last forever...jyst keep that in mind.

What the law states and what the law does are often two different things.
                            Inequality, one rule for some, one rule for others

It is wrong. No one would suggest mom take less child support than is rightfully owed to her.
                            Of course it is. No, you dear not even say that out loud. I don't know about the "rightfully hers", but I get your drift on that one. Again, the reminder is that the payment won't last forever, and although nobody wishes evil on anyone, when things do go accordingly in people's lives, they have to wonder why that is happening

Remember, for everything we have in our lives today, someone fought, someone went to jail, someone got ridiculed and someone got killed some ages ago.
                            Not just "someone", people in some cases and it's still ongoing in certain cases
                            Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

^^^^ Meant to say 'when things aren't going according', as opposed to "when things do go accordingly"

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X