This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! 14B in chambers 2 weeks now

I have a 14B motion still in chambers since March 11. The 14B specifically asks for the conference judge to adjudicate a dispute I am having with the other party.

The court filing office tells me 14B motions are generally handled within 2 days...I am at 2 weeks and counting.

Who at the court can I contact to find out the status of the motion?

Thanks!

I'd contact them now. It's been 2 weeks... I'd be curious to know what's going on too! It doesn't hurt to ask! :-)

Comment

Apologies, I should have indicated I have called the filing office several times, most recently today to inquire about the status. All they can tell me is that the file is in chambers and has not come back down. They can only check to see if the file is on the cart, returned from chambers. The lady I spoke with today told me she has all the 14B motions returned today and my file was not amongst them.

I am also told that I cannot ask for a judge, that a judge will look at the file who is working that day...since I specifically asked for the conference judge I think the motion may be waiting for that specific judge...but I cannot be too sure.

Does anyone know who in the court I can contact to inquire? The filing office cannot aid me so is there somewhere else? Can I call the judges chambers?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X