passport disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stripes View Post
    Florida is not the only holiday destination. Disneyland is not the only place kids will enjoy. Take the kids somewhere in Canada - Vancouver, Halifax and Montreal are all excellent child-friendly destinations. Don't get fixated on the idea that all kids need the Disneyland magic (it is very overrated and not really a mind-broadening experience, unless you're deep into consumerism). Your high-conflict divorce may mean that your travel is restricted (unless you want to spend hours and $$$$$ fighting with Mom about it), but that doesn't mean the kids have to stay home for years.
    Ended up serving a motion to get the passport without her consent, as well as birth certificates with the assistance of the police. She ended up complying with the initial order when the 2nd motion was served. The travel took place and my daughter and I had an absolute blast.

I would never take her somewhere in Canada - especially in the winter. I would not waste my money in this country in the winter. Disney World and Disneyland are different. Disney world is in Florida and Disneyland is in California. Disney World is the popular tourist attraction. I found it is rather underrated. It is a mind-broadening experience. I loved both Florida and both Disney world parks. Florida is the most beautiful place I have ever seen on Earth. I love Florida.

Florida is beautiful. We loved it. We have a much closer relationship as a result and were not too excited about having to return back to Canada. It's quite cold and depressing in Canada.
    Last edited by trinton; 01-05-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X