Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is considered "extraordinary" when it comes to extracurricular activities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again....try not to involve your new Mrs in this, last thing you want. I'll say try harder to find his name, perhaps you are just going about it the wrong way?

Comment

My favorite phrase is "so go ahead and sue me ass***e but be prepared to stand in line with everyone else my ex has sent this way." Then they usually start the shouting and it gets really fun after that. The collection agent's demeanour abruptly changes. Sometimes they get someone else on the line and go at it tag-team. It's quite the stage production.

The commission must be pretty high on this one for the agent to actually call and harass the ex! After two weeks the commission drops to another level and a newby collection recruit takes the file and so on.

Just another fun thing I had to go through with my divorce. Multiply that by 7 and you can get an understanding of the sort of life I had while trying to close a business. Certainly not off on some beach enjoying SS as some would imagine.

Comment

This so called collection-agent is truly unofficial channels.

Official channels would be for her to take you to court. Should court rule in her favour, which is unlikely based on your description, arrears would only go back as far as when the court action started.

Comment

DAD2BANDM:
          "Dad does not have to contribute to the expense of an activity, if Mom didn't seek his agreement or even input, prior to signing child up. Dad is under no obligation to even bring child to said activity, during his access time. Dad's access time with child, is his access time with child. If Dad is agreeable to helping make sure that child can attend this activity, during his access time (which it sounds like he is), because child likes activity, that is a nice thing to do for child, and Mom.
          "
          This is not true. In my case, the judge asked why I did not agree with extra curricular activities on my time and also went on to say that that is considered quality time even though I disproved the mother as she unilaterally signed him up even though we have Joint custody.

I believe it all depends on the Judge you get.

Comment

The Mother needs to get the fathers permission prior to registering the child in any activity for payment, if she does not he is not required to pay for that activity.

He can also suggest that he will not pay as it interferes with his access time.

Nip this in the butt now, simply tell her the child will not be going as it's on your time and she is planning and interfering with your minimal time. If you continue to allow that she will continue to interfere with your time. I have lived this myself.

Now she looks for ways to avoid placing in activities on my time because she knows I will not pay and the child will not be going.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X