what kind of parent does this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by downtroddendad View Post
    i would do many things for the sake of my kids, including helping my ex. I willing paid cs for a son who was not in school full time, because i wanted him to stay in school and finish.

if i had an autistic child (and i have friends who do), i would be happy to share any resources that might help an ex cope. Not to help the ex, but to help the child.
    bingo © fwb

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
      If I had an autistic child (and I have friends who do), I would be happy to share any resources that might help an ex cope. Not to help the ex, but to help the child.
      Seeing that we have the child 90% of the time, if the Ex was a semi decent father he'd offer us resources to help us cope right? Ok, I'll wait for that...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadBeatDouchebagDad View Post
        Seeing that we have the child 90% of the time, if the Ex was a semi decent father he'd offer us resources to help us cope right? Ok, I'll wait for that...
        If you have the kid 90% of the time, you already have the resources, and if you want to make the kid's life easier when he visits with his bio dad, you would share those resources. Whether or not he takes advantage of them is up to him.

But you would do it because it was the right thing for the kid.

But it seems you would rather be right than do what is right for the kid.
        Last edited by DowntroddenDad; 01-23-2014, 03:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

If you have the kid 90% of the time, you already have the resources
          How did we get those resources? He could ask if he cared right?
          My partner does advocacy work to get funding not just for her child but for every disabled child in Ontario. She sits on committees, writes to MP's, all on her own time.

Him?

Comment

This thread is near useless at this point.

I do have to wonder - who is watching the autistic and other children while all this posting is taking place...

Moreover, why anyone would want to participate in such negativity soooo many times in a day. Come on deadbeatdouchebagdad - you made your point and so many of us don't agree with you. Time to move on. And on, and on, and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
              This thread is near useless at this point.

I do have to wonder - who is watching the autistic and other children while all this posting is taking place...

Moreover, why anyone would want to participate in such negativity soooo many times in a day. Come on deadbeatdouchebagdad - you made your point and so many of us don't agree with you. Time to move on. And on, and on, and on.
              Who's watching your kids while you post?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadBeatDouchebagDad View Post
                How did we get those resources? He could ask if he cared right?
                My partner does advocacy work to get funding not just for her child but for every disabled child in Ontario. She sits on committees, writes to MP's, all on her own time.

Him?
                So your partner selflessly works for all parents in Ontario, but you and your partner can't help the other parent of her child, when it benefits the child? How selfish is that?

It reminds me of the phrase, "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"

Comment

but you and your partner can't help the other parent of her child, when it benefits the child?
                  Again, I repeat. We help the autistic child A7 communicate with tools every day. A7 is getting better and better at making requests with these tools. We sent these tools with the child and told the Dad this is what we are working on. Dad's response is "So she uses this shit?" The older child tells us that the communication tools were never used on the vacation.

That's his attitude. So I don't wanna hear how we have to help the Dad with parenting when he is not interested in our advice.
                  He may love his kid, but he is a lazy parent. It's not illegal to be a lazy uninterested selfish parent, but it's also not illegal to let out some steam about it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X