• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't thinks so.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer View Post
      I feel nauseous all the time.

I can't seem to get my head around the fact that he doesn't want me anymore.
      I kept throwing up for weeks when I realised that there was another woman more than a year after the separation. After a long marriage it is very hard to accept it but eventually you do and you don't feel like a total loser because you are not wanted anymore. You just learn to be a whole person on your own. Sorry if I sound very personal.
      The fact that you continue living together is not helping you at all. Isn't there a chance that you take your daughter and leave?

Comment

I've experienced both kinds of abuse; emotional abuse can be worse than physical abuse - bruises will heal!
        You need to look after you - get counselling, get out of that environment and start looking after you.
        Another survivor once told me "A bad day now was a good day, then." It's true and it will get better.

Comment

Thanks for all your support, I will be looking to get out as soon as I talk to a lawyer...etc. I am sure as hell not handing everything over to him and walking away.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer View Post
            Thanks for all your support, I will be looking to get out as soon as I talk to a lawyer...etc. I am sure as hell not handing everything over to him and walking away.
            Get on that as soon as you can.
            Once you talk to a lawyer, you will feel empowered and believe in yourself more. You'll realize you DO have choices and the majority of crap he tells you is exactly that...crap!
            Is your daughter his? Are you legally married? How long have you been togeether?
            Things will get better but it is of most importance to stay safe, get councelling and see a lawyer.
            Good luck...one foot after the other and soon you'll be at the end of this dark road you are travelling on... (I know how hard it is... I'm in the same house too but try my best to hardly ever be there)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X