Information sharing/Form 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information sharing/Form 20

Anyone have any experience with form 20 decisions? My partners ex asked for information that is not at all relevant to the matter. Its simply her trying to get info she is not entitled to. She requested it in dispute resolution and was told its not relevant. Lawyer said its not happening. Now shes asking for more than what she originally asked for and the lawyer told her she isn’t getting it because its not relevant yet again.

My question is, will a judge order information that has no relevance to the matter? For instance how much money I make? Also what is the process for this form? Does it get decided at the next case conference or is it a separate hearing?

my personal experience with JDR (Judical Dispute Resolution) was that the two parties go back and forth and request information. However, prior to this a date for meeting/decision with judge was preset many months ahead.

Both parties then prepare and submit their positions 30 days in advance of date to judge and opposing parties. You wait. You attend and the judge makes a decision.

Dragging things out only makes lawyers rich. You MUST have a date set and adhere to it. 30 days after decision the matter is entered into court (people have 30 days to appeal). If you don't have a date set then the matter will go on and on and on.

6 months is more than enough time for parties to provide information to each other.

Comment

You are not party to the matter between your spouse and his ex.
      Your spouse's ex is not claiming undue hardship so the information request is not relevant.

I personally would not even respond. However, your spouse has a lawyer who will advise him accordingly.

Presumably this is a binding arbitration decision that is sought in accordance with their separation agreement? If it isn't binding then it is a waste of his time and it will merely end up like a revolving door of case conferences. Make sure you get that clarified. Both parties generally have to agree to binding arbitration.

This matter should have been decided a long time ago IMO (by arbitrator or judge, depending on your jurisdiction). I don't get what everyone is waiting for?

His ex has no documentation to support her claim. Therefore your spouse and his ex should meet with their respective lawyers and arbitrator/judge and get this over with.

Comment

No binding arbitration. They had to do dispute resolution first. She has to file the next application. This was just her response to the info request made months ago.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X