X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support for 18 years old university drop out

Hi

Here is my quick question.

Can my 18 years old sue me for child support? He just dropped out of university and is now doing a part time job. If you wanna read the full story, please see my thread in parenting issues. (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...44/#post225881) The bottom line is I want to ask him to leave the house to protect younger ones from his vindictive behaviour but am worried about the financial backlash if he chooses to go to court against me for money.

Hes not in school full time so hes not entitled to cs. If he wants it, he has to go to school.

Comment

Worst case scenario: He moves in with mom and goes back to school part time. You get pinged for CS. Is that scenario actually that bad? Compare it to current situation of "loafing around doing nuttin'"

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        Worst case scenario: He moves in with mom and goes back to school part time. You get pinged for CS. Is that scenario actually that bad? Compare it to current situation of "loafing around doing nuttin'"
        I am mentally prepared for this scenario. So if he is 18, how long more I have to pay his the CS?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X