Divorce Archetypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Archetypes

Just found these articles written by a lawyer, talking about archetypes in her divorce clients and opponents. I don't know that I think her categories are the be-all-end-all, but they were interesting.

The Men DivorcedMoms.com | Article

The Women DivorcedMoms.com | Article

So, what's your ex? What are you?

My ex is a Softie/Guilty Cheater. I think I'm probably a Warrior/Enabler.

My ex seems to have a little of each type though the menace would best qualify his behavior: "Although he is definitely a Bully, it's going to take more than your own Bully to bring this guy down. Fortunately, that person is him. He will do himself in. He will lose control and say or do something stupid and have no ability to hold back. The best thing you can do is keep things public. Do not ever meet with him alone. ( 3 year restraining order ) The Menace loves to cause chaos but hates when he's caught.

Yep, that sums him up nicely. As for myself, I can't really say.

Interesting article!

Comment

My partners ex is 1 & 2. Hes a bit of 2 & 11. More of 2 though.

Comment

I would say my ex is a combination of the Bully and the Blamer. As for me, I'd like to think that I'm the Warrior, but ex would probably describe me as a combination of Man-Eater and Enabler.

Comment

STBX is 1,5, 8 and 12. I am #10.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X