Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Wrong of Us to Say No to Extracurricular Activities?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not wrong for you to say no to extra-curricular activites if you cannot afford to pay your share. Section 7's seem to provide room for a lot of "guilt", if one party demands the child needs it and the other can't pay. I know we went into alot of debt becasue my husband couldn't say "we can't afford this right now" when his child wanted braces. I was on maternity leave and we had to pay $6800 (over 2 years) for the braces, which meant I cashed in some RRSP's to pay for it! She could have waited a few years for braces, but sometimes the NCP can't see as clearly as the new spouse, they are blinded by guilt and wanting to keep their children close and happy. Unfortunately, now we cannot afford to fly his girls out to visit this March break, so it has backfired on his desires to stay close to his kids. MAke sure, above all else, that access won't be sacrificed for Section 7's.

Comment

Same thing in my case the ex asks for Section 7 expenses for what ever she thinks up and that in turn reduces my access. I have to pay the full amount and have asked her to assist with travel and she says no. You can't win. I don't see how they can justify to a good father paying his support that section 7 expenses are more important then seeing their father. What a system.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X