This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorcemate Fraud - Other Employment Income

Disclaimer - The Divorcemate explanations presented in this post are over a year old and they might have changed some of them. However I have no reason to believe they have gained a significant amount of intelligence in one year.

This is what Divorcemate does not want you to see. These are actual explanations to lawyers of how to input information on Divorcemate in the help screen of the program itself.

Other employment income

Input any other annual employment income that the party received (T1, Line 104), not included in "Employment income".

Examples of "Other employment income" include (ie. not exhaustive):
      • employment income not reported on a T4 slip (eg. tips; occasional earnings);
      • net research grants;
      • clergy's housing allowance (T4 slip, Box 30);
      • income maintenance insurance plans (wage-loss replacement plans) (T4A slip, all or portion of Box 28);
      • veterans' benefits (T4A slip, Box 28);
      • certain GST/HST rebates;
      • royalties for a party's work or invention;
      • amounts received under a supplementary unemployment benefit plan (a guaranteed annual wage plan);
      • taxable benefit for premiums paid to cover you under a group term life-insurance plan (T4A slip, Box 28);
      • employee profit-sharing plan (T4PS slip, Box 35);
      • medical premium benefits (T4A slip, Box 28);
      • wage earners protection plan (T4A slip, Box 28).
    According to the CSG, annual income is determined using Line 150 ("Total income") of the T1 General form, adjusted in accordance with Schedule III and ss. 17, 18 and 19 of the CSG. This is commonly referred to as "Guidelines Income".

Note that the SSAG use the same definition of annual income as under the CSG, with some exceptions.
    See the help under "Employment Income" regarding Guidelines Income caps under the CSG and ceilings, floors, and floor exceptions under the SSAG.
    TIP: There is a built-in conversion feature. See the help under "Employment Income".

My comments

Look at the first and the third bullet points. They say in the first bullet point that this is employment income not included on a T4 slip (which is correct) then on the third bullet point they say to include clergy's housing allowance on the T4. Box 30 is entered on the T4 in the "Other Information Section" and is already included in Box 14 of the T4 which flows through to Line 101 on the T1 NOT Line 104 of the T1.

Most of the income amounts they list won't be relevant to most people but here is the most important point. They need to be assessed by professional accountants if a material amount (not lawyers or Divorcemate) to determine inclusion or exclusion for child and spousal support purposes. If lawyers are so smart, how come they haven't found all these errors? Answer - they are unqualified and don't know any better. Do you want incompetents determining how much you pay or receive in child support and spousal support?

Lets concentrate on one that will be relevant to alot of people.

EPSP (Employer Profit Sharing Plan) - The inclusion of this amount depends. In my view, if it requires a monetary contribution by the employee, then it should be excluded. If it does not require a monetary contribution, it should be included. In my trial, I successfully argued that I had to make a contribution to get this benefit therefore it should be excluded. If I don't make the contribution, then I don't get the benefit. The Judge ruled in my favour and it was excluded from income.

Please feel free to comment to Divorcemate directly about any issue that I write about. Here is the link to their contact list

http://www.divorcemate.com/contact.aspx

If enough people email them, maybe they will get the message. By the way they know me and can't stand me because I am exposing them as the incompetents that they are.

In a response to one of my posts, someone suggested contacting your local media. I say go for it - contact Divorcemate, the local media, your MP and your MPP. The more people complain about this Family Court disaster, the quicker we can get it fixed. Maybe they won't respond to one person but if thousands complain, it will get their attention.

I get a T4PS every year. I have to put in 6% to get 3%. So you are saying this should not be entered into divrocemate?

Comment

Thanks for the information DD

Comment

FB - The 3% your employer contributes is what appears on a T4PS which flows through to Line 104. I had a similar situation and was successful in getting this income excluded from child support and spousal support. You don't get this income unless you contribute. You are accepting a lower standard of living now for future benefit. You shouldn't be punished for that. Plus you can make the case that this is non recurring income since it can disappear if you stop contributing.

Comment

What about bounses are they excluded from CS?
          They aren't recurring.

Comment

Bonuses are included under Employment Income which flows to Line 101 on the T1. My take would be that bonuses are generally recurring but the amounts could fluctuate each year. I would say bonuses should be included for child and spousal support although it could be a burden for the payor because it might be a one time lump sum payment per year. If excluded from child and spousal support, there could be an agreement that a net bonus is split when received.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X