Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jian Ghomeshi - Ruling (Not Guilty On All Accounts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    1. They dropped the charges.
    2. Peace bonds are better described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_bond

He didn't. That is your interpretation of what happened.

Tayken

Yes he did. In his own words:

"I did not show the respect that I should have to Ms. Borel. I did not always lead by example and I failed to understand and truly appreciate the impact of my conduct on Ms. Borel's work environment. That conduct in the workplace was sexually inappropriate."

You really can't get a much clearer admission than that. He has not been found guilty in the legal sense because he was never tried, but he has stated that he did things which were sexually inappropriate.

Remember that Borel is/was a witness for the crown in this case. She is/was not on trial. If her behaviour was also inappropriate and illegal, she could be charged for that. But she hasn't been. This case is not about whether lots of people participated in sexually charged jokes in the workplace, it's about whether Ghomeshi sexually harassed Kathryn Borel. And he has now acknowledged that he did.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X