Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cohabitating with a woman and her child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serene View Post
    As for the girlfriend....well if you have as hot a head and big a mouth around her, her family and friends I can guarantee you that she views you as her cash cow and ticket out of the Philippines. Come on....you know this too. but you're too caught up with the physical perks with getting laid again to care. I guarantee you will be trolling this or similar forum for different advice soon.
    Of course I know it's all about money; isn't it always about money either domestically or abroad? You pay for it one way or the other! At least in the Philippines it's much cheaper! If I have to go to Asia to get the petite Body Mass Index I love, then it's well worth it to me! :P

Comment

No it isn't always about money. Ask any educated and financially independent person and they will tell you so.

On that note: why buy a whole cow when all you want is a little sausage?

Comment

To the OP,

Yes, there is a risk you could be ordered to pay CS. End of story.

Comment

Make a cohab that discusses in loco parentis and lays out each person's degree of responsibility towards the other's children. Then live your life according to it and it less likely to be overturned.

One thing to note is that most people who are willing to discuss these issues, help write and sign a cohabitation agreement, are also the people most likely to follow it and the least likely to go to family court for any reason.

One thing to know about cohabs and prenups is that they begin to get stale almost as soon as they are signed. Life happens, things change, and if you find yourself violating part of the agreement (aka doing more for the child than you originally signed on for) then you have to be prepared that the other person may also violate parts of the agreement and look for CS for the child in the end. It isn't common, especially not with a cohab in place, but it's not impossible.

Comment

No such thing as a prenup in Ontario btw. Its called a marriage contract I believe.

Comment

A few things:
              -Be wary of the filipina women; they know the game, apparently there is some manipulation on their part too.
              -If you cohabit with a poor uneducated woman and bring her here and the cohabitation ends, you're going to be paying SS on a non-compensatory basis no matter what. ESPECIALLY since you brought her here.
              -Regarding CS, yes in loco parentis

I think it might be best/cheaper to bring her here, rent her some place about an hour's out (rent is cheaper) and help her be independant, put her kid in a good school and then play it by ear. If it doesn't work out, you helped her out and if it does work out then you took good measures anyways.

Comment

Links - guys like this aren't looking for an educated whore. They can only feel like big men if the female is unemployed, uneducated and financially destitute.
                When you sponsor someone you are responsible for them (rightfully so).

What often happens is these girls get to Canada and meet up with other girls from their home country. They quickly find out that Canada doesn't endorse slavery in any form.

I used to see the big men with their "housekeepers" out on a Saturday night. The old farts were 2 or 3 times the age of the women.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                  Links - guys like this aren't looking for an educated whore. They can only feel like big men if the female is unemployed, uneducated and financially destitute.
                  When you sponsor someone you are responsible for them (rightfully so).

What often happens is these girls get to Canada and meet up with other girls from their home country. They quickly find out that Canada doesn't endorse slavery in any form.

I used to see the big men with their "housekeepers" out on a Saturday night. The old farts were 2 or 3 times the age of the women.

^^ Too true. Especially in Alberta, where you get a lot of guys with big oilpatch paycheques, big egos, and very limited social skills. They have no luck with women who are their peers, so they head for Thailand and the Philippines in search of subordinate younger women who will treat them with the adoration and flattery that they think is their due just for living and walking on the earth. Then they are shocked - shocked! - when the submissive lotus blossom turns out to have a mind of her own once she gets to Canada and isn't willing to bow down to hubby indefinitely. Yes, it's kind of a scam, but these guys are walking into it with their eyes wide open. Zero sympathy from me.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                    ^^ Too true. Especially in Alberta, where you get a lot of guys with big oilpatch paycheques, big egos, and very limited social skills. They have no luck with women who are their peers, so they head for Thailand and the Philippines in search of subordinate younger women who will treat them with the adoration and flattery that they think is their due just for living and walking on the earth. Then they are shocked - shocked! - when the submissive lotus blossom turns out to have a mind of her own once she gets to Canada and isn't willing to bow down to hubby indefinitely. Yes, it's kind of a scam, but these guys are walking into it with their eyes wide open. Zero sympathy from me.

Bringing someone to the country from overseas requires a lot of work and investment. Unless she is sponsored by him, then she would be residing here illegally. If he sponsors her, then CS for a child is the least of his worries. The welfare she collects or deportation costs will be his responsibility when she realizes what a disgusting pig she left her beautiful country (with warmer weather) for, and leaves his ass. Please tell them your American when you're there.....

Comment

I know of one guy who had a Thai girlfriend. He would go visit her if and when he liked. He had a few "girlfriends" that he would visit when he went on his yearly vacation. Worked well for him until one visit he was visited by a girl's father and a few other male family members. A gun to his head was all that he needed to be convinced the relationship was over.

Comment

Actually I'm 45 and she's 37 (but looks 27!), so not much of an age difference. She's got a great little business going there but her son has a health condition which requires expensive treatments; if it weren't for that she'd be doing quite well by Philippine standards. Her son would be exempt from Immigration Canada's medical burden assessment if she sponsored him once she became a Permanent Resident, and the treatment for his condition would be fully paid for by the Canadian government, but let's face it, the Philippines is a lot warmer than Canada! lol

There's just too much risk in bringing her to Canada with regard to me being liable for her son's CS should we break up. In fact, that's the reason I never got involved with anybody in Canada who had kids. I don't mind sponsoring her as the new immigration laws require her to live with me for 2 years or be deported, and I believe one is responsible for a sponsored adult for only 3 years anyway. I already did it once and it worked out well for 10 years, so I'm no newbie; I wouldn't sponsor a spouse unless I had a fair bit of faith in the relationship.

I'll just keep going there every three months as usual: work my ass off for two months here in Canada and romance every third!

While the Philippines is a developing country, the City of Davao is one of the safest cities in Asia, thanks to its Dirty Harryesque Mayor Rodrigo Duterte.
                        Laws like: no smoking in any public place, 30 km/h speed limits in the city, no fireworks, no serving alcohol after 1am, etc. It's a very safe and friendly city! Also, if you check out The Philippines' Foreign Investment Index and growth rates, you'll see that it's one of the fastest growing economies in Asia. The condo market is booming there.

So yes, I guess it can't hurt to do a little investing there!

" A gun to his head was all that he needed to be convinced the relationship was over" There are very few people in Davao who would risking doing that, as the Mayor actually has extrajudicial Death Squads who hunt down and kill hardened criminals. He's one cool dude!

And no, I'm not fat nor ugly; quite the opposite actually.

Comment

Originally posted by oldblueeyes View Post
                          Actually I'm 45 and she's 37 (but looks 27!), so not much of an age difference. She's got a great little business going there but her son has a health condition which requires expensive treatments; if it weren't for that she'd be doing quite well by Philippine standards. Her son would be exempt from Immigration Canada's medical burden assessment if she sponsored him once she became a Permanent Resident, and the treatment for his condition would be fully paid for by the Canadian government, but let's face it, the Philippines is a lot warmer than Canada! lol

There's just too much risk in bringing her to Canada with regard to me being liable for her son's CS should we break up. In fact, that's the reason I never got involved with anybody in Canada who had kids. I don't mind sponsoring her as the new immigration laws require her to live with me for 2 years or be deported, and I believe one is responsible for a sponsored adult for only 3 years anyway. I already did it once and it worked out well for 10 years, so I'm no newbie; I wouldn't sponsor a spouse unless I had a fair bit of faith in the relationship.

I'll just keep going there every three months as usual: work my ass off for two months here in Canada and romance every third!

While the Philippines is a developing country, the City of Davao is one of the safest cities in Asia, thanks to its Dirty Harryesque Mayor Rodrigo Duterte.
                          Laws like: no smoking in any public place, 30 km/h speed limits in the city, no fireworks, no serving alcohol after 1am, etc. It's a very safe and friendly city! Also, if you check out The Philippines' Foreign Investment Index and growth rates, you'll see that it's one of the fastest growing economies in Asia. The condo market is booming there.

So yes, I guess it can't hurt to do a little investing there!

" A gun to his head was all that he needed to be convinced the relationship was over" There are very few people in Davao who would risking doing that, as the Mayor actually has extrajudicial Death Squads who hunt down and kill hardened criminals. He's one cool dude!

And no, I'm not fat nor ugly; quite the opposite actually.
                          Most sponsorship agreements these days give you liability for up to 10 years after their landing.

Why don't you just move to the Philippines? Please.

Comment

Each to their own... Perhaps you will be generous and help the woman with her son's medical expenses.

Philippines sounds very nice (unless a tsunami wipes it out). Wonder why so many people from there want to immigrate to Canada? Standard of living, education, health care? It's all very nice and well to visit third world warm tropical countries (I personally have enjoyed travelling to Cuba on many occasions) but it's another thing entirely to live there. A good friend went to a south american country years ago. Like you, he was unlucky in the romance department. He met a girl 15 yrs younger and has been living there off of his nest-egg for 17 yrs. I recently spoke with him. He has gone through all of his money, has severe health problems and has recently down-graded his apartment. The woman he has lived with for all these years has absolutely no employment skills. (She too was a real looker). They are now living off his meagre CPP (approx. 500.00/mth). When he was your age he thought the world 'was his oyster' as well. His investment portfolio took some serious hits over the years. I suspect he was too busy playing in the sun to pay much attention to his financial affairs. Now all he has to look forward to is a bleak existence. He would not be allowed on an air plane back to Canada in his current condition. He realizes now, when it is way too late, just how much the pursuit of "pussy" has cost him.

Comment

A friend of hubby's married a Pilipino woman. She was here on an au pair visa. They now have a little boy of their own....but, she left behind two kids in the Philippines, something I've never been able to understand. They've been married almost 3 years now - still no sign of permanent residency.

Comment

Many of those Philippine nannies pay a hefty fee to the agency (pimp - IMO) which sometimes takes years to pay off. That could very well be reason the other children aren't here. The government is wise to this and residency applications certainly aren't automatic like they were at one time.

I always found it interesting that people would hire a foreign nanny without doing thorough background checks themselves (your children being your most valuable asset and all). At one time it was pretty trendy to be able to say you had "Filipino nanny." Seems like a form of slavery to me.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X