criminal case was started before and without offence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• criminal case was started before and without offence

In the beginning, I want to tell that this case is closed. However I am still shocked.

On May 11, 2012 the Justice of Peace opened a criminal case against me according the information from my ex. The summons to appear states that - "on account of threat made on or about May 13, 2012 at the City of Toronto by words and actions".

Please pay attention to dates. Even police officer, who gave me the summons, said - What is it? Does she have any relationship with JP?

There is no mistake in the summons. It took several appearances to the criminal court in Toronto. Five months later, other judge ordered to stay the case. The disclosure was never provided. I tried to get a copy information and disclosure. I just got the info about the same dates and my court appearances but no disclosure.

This is sad truth about our Canadian rights and freedoms. Sorry to tell but I suspect corruption at Toronto criminal and family courts. Actions of another judge in the family case are confirming this too.

P.S. That time I was living 200 km from Toronto and on on May 12 & 13 friends were visiting me because I had a birthday. It seems that the criminal case was special gift from my ex. So reckless.

Sounds like your ex served you with a peace bond. If you look at the summons that the nice police officer brought to your door there should be a statement attached. (That's about all it takes - someone has to feel "threatened.") Sounds as though it was eventually dropped. Not a big deal.

No conspiracy. Just a very vengeful ex who convinced someone at the court house I'm thinking.

Trying to get a peace bond against someone happens all over the country - certainly not just Toronto.

Comment

No statement was attached to the summons. For last 3 years I used to read the words. Threat made - it sound like it was done. However I did not see her, I didn't call her.

Comment

My ex's g/f pulled the same stunt on me. I was quite horrified at the time as the only offence I've even been charged with is speeding. I immediately hired a criminal lawyer who went to court for me. I later found out that I didn't need a lawyer but I was so freaked out by the whole thing I didn't want to take any chances. I too was served within 48 hours by the police. It took several months to go to court and I was so very upset by the whole thing.

When the court day came I was too upset to even go to court. Lawyer told me afterwards that ex's g/f was at court with 6 of her friends. Judge tossed it out - no brainer as I had provided my lawyer with police file numbers of previous incidences when the ex's g/f had been warned by RCMP on previous nonsense incidences. (One time she had called the police stating that I was stalking her mother who lived in a small town 40 kms from where I lived - at the time I was in the hospital).

The police and court did nothing wrong. They merely did their jobs. It was my ex's nutty girlfriend who has done everything she can over the past 4 yrs to TRY to make my life miserable.

Don't blame the courts - blame your vicious ex. People like her keep the courts backlogged.

Comment

Thanks Arabian,
          I would like to be wrong re corruption. So much happened around me. Very tired. Sorry to read that I am not alone.

Comment

trust us we are NOT alone!!!
            yes the police CAN be made into excellent puppets!

yes I have been asked by police "What is the matter inside that house?" (given that was and is still half my house? What he said next just floored me - but he said it wasn't my dog who at 70 pounds got hold of my legs, would not let go and it took three people to drag her away "only after I got on the floor and told the dog "it's OK" --- but he said it was the PEOPLE??

I only regret that I wasn't strong enough to prevent what I may not of understood then - but sadly I do now.... What people will do once caught "red handed" and now shall stop at nothing, will hurt anyone in her path, and yes I sadly got professional confirmation "without even speaking to her - just simple answers to some very difficult questions" that my ex has snapped, that there is plenty of examples of her disorder, signs which go through the entire marriage - but moved into full blown example of what damage these person's can cause to many people - not only spouse's but our children, family and friends...... most of which have begun to figure things out themselves with me now departed....

I still feel for the children - regardless of the circumstances that occurred that really never had to be. I feel lucky to have escaped this long - my last question that was really hard to answer was, "Can you tell us why your ex will not let you go?? Why is she trying so hard to hold onto that power? Yes the word power stumped me a little too but it is the last piece of my puzzle that after all this time, I have to thank so many different people that have helped me get unplugged - and I am not there yet, still working on it.....

So we are not alone, there are many worse stories and examples of the horror that often never had to be - but did none-the-less.

Comment

Were you charged with an offence? Or were you attending court in response to your ex persuing a Peace Bond against you?

there is a big difference there....

Comment

the judiciary system needs a long way before it serves real justice. it seems as almost everybody is biased. Hard to know where the truth is anymore. it is unfortunate that many people are victims of this system. i agree with FS-Cv to some extent. i don't think it's corruption but i'd rather say it's more bias than anything else.

Comment

I agree! Anyone who knows how this system works can totally use it to their advantage and that includes the police and the courts. All you need to know is all the loop holes and how use them to own advanatge.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X