This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moderators and opinions

I think moderators should sometimes recuse themselves of moderating certain discussions -if they have a strong position on the topic. There is nothing wrong with asking another moderator to take care of it.

I totally agree.

Comment

Excellent point.

Comment

Moderators are here to ensure people follow the rules, get rid of spam, keep the peace, keep threads on track, promote interaction, etc.

Moderators, like all members, are going to have opinions on the topics discussed here, and are indeed permitted to share them. It would be odd if senior members had no opinions on the subjects discussed here.

While debate is encouraged on these forums, attacking a person (rather than his or her position) is not permitted. This thread comes pretty close to attacking people, so I'm closing it. I'm not sure it adds much to people coming here looking for divorce information and help.

There is a political forum where controversial subjects can be discussed, and where people can write pretty much whatever they want. In the other forums, people are here for information and support, rather than political debate, and the debates should be kept out of those threads.

For example, in a thread discussing a specific spousal support situation, there should not be debate about the pros and cons of spousal support in family law - if you want to discuss that, start a thread in the political forum. Similarly, if a thread is about sole custody, there should not be a debate about the pros and cons of joint custody - if you want to discuss that, start a thread in the political forum.

For what it is worth, I don't always agree with the moderators' opinions either. Yet despite that, I respect them and am very thankful for the great job they are doing.
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X