Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opting out: Women can have an abortion, some men say they should have a choice over p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to fight everything including the kitchen sink to maintain access with our children.
    So did I. My male ex sued me for sole custody.

Women fight for custody rights the same as men do.

Comment

• Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
      In Canada a woman can carry a baby into a hospital and leave the child their and not be asked any questions. They are no longer on the hook for Child support.

If this is true...
      Makes you wonder why a Man cannot do the same. Can you imagine the outrage if a guy did that...

Comment

I haven't read all the posts as there are too many, but that is hog wash.
        Equality is only equality if it is for all.

In Canada a woman can carry a baby into a hospital and leave the child their and not be asked any questions. They are no longer on the hook for Child support.

A man doesn't have the same option. That is inequality.

I had to fight everything including the kitchen sink to maintain access with our children. That is inequality.

And again, considering unequal things to be equal is not equality. It is discrimination.

Comment

• Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
          And again, considering unequal things to be equal is not equality. It is discrimination.

Ok so we are fighting against Discrimination just to be clear lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
            Its irrelevant. Everyone can have an opinion but the one that matters is made by the woman who has to decide whether or not to host and bear a fetus. Her body, her choice...whether you like it or not.
            That's sexiest. Equal rights, a woman can go off to war and fight for their country. Even thought a man is biologically more stronger and on average taller.
            Equal rights are equal rights respective of their bio or gender.

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Maybe the man should abstain from having sex with a woman who is soon going to be his "ex" ?

I think this is where an individual has to weight the pros and cons of "casual sex" and realize that a nanosecond of pleasure can very well mean a lifetime of responsibility for a child you may not want.
              She became his "ex" because of said incident.

Comment

• In Canada a woman can carry a baby into a hospital and leave the child their and not be asked any questions. They are no longer on the hook for Child support.

A man doesn't have the same option. That is inequality.
                Um...what?

If a man is solely raising a newborn that he can't handle, he's more than able to take it to a hospital and drop it off. I've just never heard of an incident of it happening.

In fact, I've personally never known any woman in my lifetime that's run out and left her newborn with a guy (I know it happens however its a much rarer case) but I've personally known of a handful of guys that have decided not to be physically present after their child has been born or for any part of that child's life.

Lets face it...whether you like it or not...you're never going to have the same situation with men and women on the decision-making process with regard to childbirth because the difference between a man's and a woman's contribution to the birth process isn't just different...its vastly, immensely different.

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
                  I think this is where an individual has to weight the pros and cons of "casual sex" and realize that a nanosecond of pleasure can very well mean a lifetime of responsibility for a child you may not want.
                  Arabian I respectfully have to disagree with that argument. Then one could and should argue the flip side.

"I think this is where an individual (women) have to weigh the pros and cons of "casual sex" and realize that a nanosecond of pleasure can very well mean 9 months of pregnancy and the health risks associated to that, as well as a lifetime of responsibility for a child they might not want."

Do you see how your argument can easily be turned around. This is why your argument doesn't hold any water.
                  Last edited by involveddad75; 11-19-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Arabian I respectfully have to disagree with that argument. Then one could and should argue the flip side.

"I think this is where an individual (women) have to weigh the pros and cons of "casual sex" and realize that a nanosecond of pleasure can very well mean 9 months of pregnancy and the health risks associated to that, as well as a lifetime of responsibility for a child they might not want."

Do you how your argument can easily be turned around. This is why your argument doesn't hold any water.
                    Problem with your arguement is that its not equal. Men do not have the same rights as women because our fathers and our fathers fathers fathers had more rights along time ago than our mothers, and mothers mothers and so forth.
                    We are paying the consequences for a time before we were born. Now we are fighting for the ability to have a similar right and we are sexist pigs and anti feminists. The only arguement that is brought forward that even remotely comes close to what the article is talking about is that why should a child that is born not have financial support from both sides.

Even though you can explicitly state that we do not wish to have any control over a womans ability to have an abortion that is the arguement that is brought forward. Argueing something against what people are not even discussing.
                    I have yet to find any man on this thread that agrees that men should have any say in a womans right to an abortion.
                    I believe that at St.Michaels hospital in toronto they actually have a place to leave a baby without question. Can't find the link right now though.

Comment

• Do you how your argument can easily be turned around. This is why your argument doesn't hold any water.
                      Except that a woman can't take off from a pregnancy she didn't want from sex. She has to deal with it.

I've known girls and women who've had abortions...despite the nonsense on this thread...I've never heard it described as a frivolously considered, easy process. It has been described to me as heart-wrenching, emotionally and physically trying experience that often stays with the person for a lifetime after its completed.

I've also given birth to children...and I can assure you that that isn't an easy process either and changes a woman's emotionally and physical state permanently.

Women always bear the responsibility in making a dumb decision to have casual sex resulting in pregnancy. Men only have to deal with it if the woman chooses not to have an abortion. If you choose to have casual sex...male or female...you are incurring a risk.

The same goes with a lot of irresponsible behavior..it can have immediate, lifetime consequences...i.e. drinking/texting while driving. If you kill someone while doing it, you can't go say..."oh, I was just trying to text and it wasn't my intention to kill anyone therefore I don't deserve any penalty associated with what I did". Behaviors have consequences....tough crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                        Except that a woman can't take off from a pregnancy she didn't want from sex. She has to deal with it.

I've known girls and women who've had abortions...despite the nonsense on this thread...I've never heard it described as a frivolously considered, easy process. It has been described to me as heart-wrenching, emotionally and physically trying experience that often stays with the person for a lifetime after its completed.

I've also given birth to children...and I can assure you that that isn't an easy process either and changes a woman's emotionally and physical state permanently.

Women always bear the responsibility in making a dumb decision to have casual sex resulting in pregnancy. Men only have to deal with it if the woman chooses not to have an abortion. If you choose to have casual sex...male or female...you are incurring a risk.

The same goes with a lot of irresponsible behavior..it can have immediate, lifetime consequences...i.e. drinking/texting while driving. If you kill someone while doing it, you can't go say..."oh, I was just trying to text and it wasn't my intention to kill anyone therefore I don't deserve any penalty associated with what I did". Behaviors have consequences....tough crap.
                        I agree that behaviors have consequences, and woman should also consider that before they have sex. She might get pregnant. She might then have to make a difficult choice to terminate the pregnancy due to a woman being physicallly different than a man. She should be responsible to consider that fact.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X