Legal aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal aid

I just received my certificate for Legal Aid, can anyone tell me the name of a good family law lawyer in Ottawa.... also should a women ask for a male lawyer, and vice versa.... as I am fighting for FULL CUSTODY, no access.

You never answered the question in the last post you had.

Who moved away, was it you or was it mom?

Comment

Mom did why should that matter

Comment

Just a Saturday night whacko IMO

Comment

what do you mean

Comment

If the children lived in Ottawa then you should have filed for a non removal order.

When someone moves 4.5 hours away I'm pretty sure you can be assured they aren't coming back.

Comment

Well now I qualified for Legal Aid, and am searching for a lawyer in Ottawa

Comment

Well I thought that if the children were removed from the family home that is considerd kidnapping.

So she removes them from the home and thats ok. Would that be ok if ya man did that? Have youy called the police? I'm curious to know what they would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                  Well I thought that if the children were removed from the family home that is considerd kidnapping.

So she removes them from the home and thats ok. Would that be ok if ya man did that? Have youy called the police? I'm curious to know what they would do.
                  no one is saying its ok. The police will just say its a family law matter and tell him to go to court. Its not like the kids were taken by a stranger so why waste valuable police time when they can use it to look for kids who are truly kidnapped or missing?

Plus in his previous posts he said that the ex sent him packing and that he left. Story isn't adding up.

He should have went to court for an emergency motion right away to have the kids returned.
                  Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 04-06-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

So If I were him , being that the story was adding up, I would locate my children and bring them home and I just wonder what the police would do. I would be in the wrong to do that so she should be in the wrong to do that.
                    This kind of situation should not be be confusing.
                    Question If I removed my kids from the family home what would happen next?

Comment

So If I were him , being that the story was adding up, I would locate my children and bring them home and I just wonder what the police would do. I would be in the wrong to do that so she should be in the wrong to do that.
                      This kind of situation should not be be confusing.
                      Question If I removed my kids from the family home what would happen next?
                      no the story isn't adding up..in another post he said he left and now he is trying to say the mother left. He left with the son, she still has the daughter.

If you removed the kids without an agreement then the other parent gets an emergency order to have the kids returned.

Comment

Right. an Exparte order. That makes sence now. Nothing is done without an order, police will not act without an order. You know it is still not fair to children to place that kind of burden on a parent when they, say come home to find their ex has just taken posession and moved. The police should gather the facts and set the motion in order. They have all the info available to them, they are there in person to look into it. Far better than leaving it up to a parent to write the right worded Affidavit, and you must know you must word it right. You must exagerate every aspect to be taken seriously. That is what a lawer should do for you unfortunatley, lie thier ass off.

Comment

the police have better things to do then be involved in a family law dispute. That is what the family law court system is for. The police are not there to do motions for family court, they are not lawyers.

Comment

Thats my point. Lawyers are not police. Removing children from the family home is abuse to children and is criminal. Paying a laywer $4000 to make a case for you is worse than criminal. People lie on Affidavits they are not worth the paper they are written on as there are no penalties for misleading the courts. This is a criticle time and money, stress and heartache for a parent is not in the best interest of the children. Period!

Comment

Thats my point. Lawyers are not police. Removing children from the family home is abuse to children and is criminal. Paying a laywer $4000 to make a case for you is worse than criminal. People lie on Affidavits they are not worth the paper they are written on as there are no penalties for misleading the courts. This is a criticle time and money, stress and heartache for a parent is not in the best interest of the children. Period!

this is getting off topic. maybe you should open your own thread?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X