Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom?

Mother webcast sex acts with toddler - Windsor - CBC News

This is probably the most disturbing thing I've encountered in a while and she is only getting an 18 month sentence??????????

It's hard to even process that.

The events described...and the sentencing recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      Mother webcast sex acts with toddler - Windsor - CBC News

This is probably the most disturbing thing I've encountered in a while and she is only getting an 18 month sentence??????????
      Absolutely disgusting.

However, if you actually read the article, it states that the judge is considering how to sentence her and defense is requesting an 18 month term.

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post

However, if you actually read the article, it states that the judge is considering how to sentence her and defense is requesting an 18 month term.
        And the Crown agrees with Defense on time. That is what I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
          Why would you even post such a sick link here?
          It's a legitimate news story from CBC about a court case. The link itself is not "sick", the reason the court action is going on, is. It seems to fit into the "Domestic violence" category.

I also find it relevant, to see what kind of sentence Mom ends up with.

Comment

This is the "equality" of feminism as seen over and over in the media and the court system. Right in the same article:

Defence lawyer Robert DiPietro agreed with the accuracy of the Crown's version of events, and is asking Justice DeMarco to sentence the woman to 18 months in an Ontario jail, rather than a federal penitentiary, followed by three years probation...

Crown prosecutor McGuire agreed with the suggested sentence.
            In mid-January, the Ontario Court of Appeal sentenced a father who sexually abused his daughter to seven years in prison.
            But I'll withhold further judgement until we see what the judge decides. Hopefully she never sees her child ever again.

Comment

This is an old story from 2010-2011.

She was sentenced to 2 years less a day, plus the time she served in custody before sentencing, which was 9 months. She serves no time in a federal prison.

Yep, same old song and dance.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
                This is an old story from 2010-2011...
                I see that now.
                Googling, I found this, which seems to be "followup" to this.

Canadian Values

"DeMarco said he considered the woman's youth, the fact she pleaded guilty and had no prior criminal as mitigating factors in the case. He also noted that the distribution of the images of her abusing her child was limited."
                Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
                  This is an old story from 2010-2011.

She was sentenced to 2 years less a day, plus the time she served in custody before sentencing, which was 9 months. She serves no time in a federal prison.

Yep, same old song and dance.
                  Seems like the judge really wanted her to have that three years of probation afterwards, or he would have added a couple of days to her sentence to make it federal. When you see that two years less a day stuff, you know it's deliberate. But she'll served 16 months or so, probably, in provincial jail, which is harder time, and then the 36 months probation.

But
                  As a condition of her sentence, she is prohibited for life from parks, schools, community centres or any other places where children are found. She can't ever get a job or volunteer in any capacity that involves being in a position of trust or authority over children.
                  so she won't be around children, including her own, for the rest of her life. If she has another child, it will be immediately seized by CAS.

I'm not so sure it's because she's a woman, so much as she's a first time offender, that she got off so easy.

Comment

what's wrong with the system?? these people should get a life sentence.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X