Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know your points touch right on why I ended the relationship. I walked on eggshells waiting for him to blow up. He was emotionally, verbally abusive to me. I ended it even though I loved and cared for him, I felt he was under so much pressure from his family members, it was affecting his health and he was not very nice to be around. I ended it to get me away from the abuse, and being afraid of when the next bomb would drop but also because I didnt want him to be like he was. As much as some days I do feel I want with him, because I love him, but I hate all the nasty, evil, cruel things he has done and dont know if one could ever trust again. It breaks my heart for children involved in this, and for me what bothers me is feeling like we didnt try everything to make it work. I want to be able to look at them one day and say we tried everything. You do see people reconcile years after being apart and after some very nasty divorces. I think its great for the ones that are willing to try. I dont think many ppl do reconcile and I feel some ppls ego, pride and fear of embarassment is why more people dont try. For me a conversation with him would be very helpful for me, I would like to discuss what happened, how he felt I hurt him and the same for me. Some closure, and to hear from the other if they have any interst or care for you still. I have tried to initiate these conversations, but I get no reply.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X