This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait til you hear this LV

The clerk set the time and date of the dispute for the draft Order and it was put in writing on the Form 25E for the Applicant along with the revised draft Order and served upon the Applicant. I called the court office and they said " You didn't call us and give us a number to connect with you" and you didn't send us a notice of confirmation so the clerk has meetings all day and is unavailable, I replied that I was to orchestrate the call as per the Family Rules and call the Applicant's Attorney and the court and set up a 3 way conference. I was told by the staff at the courthouse that I was supposed to send them a Notice of Confirmation for this appointment.Is this correct,the clerk set the appointment and I told I would take care of the conference call. I did not see that in the Rules. Is this true? I called the Applicant's law office and I got the answering machine. I think there is something going on here.

Also,

I did a search on the vehicle that the exes bf drives, it's under my exes name and his as co-borrowers. Is there any relevance to bringing this up, ie she now owns two vehicles and a trailer, while I am scarcely able to afford 1 plus the fact he says he is only making 11,000 ( so to speak).

Hey mcb,

The clerk set the time and date of the dispute for the draft Order and it was put in writing on the Form 25E for the Applicant along with the revised draft Order and served upon the Applicant. I called the court office and they said " You didn't call us and give us a number to connect with you" and you didn't send us a notice of confirmation so the clerk has meetings all day and is unavailable, I replied that I was to orchestrate the call as per the Family Rules and call the Applicant's Attorney and the court and set up a 3 way conference. I was told by the staff at the courthouse that I was supposed to send them a Notice of Confirmation for this appointment.Is this correct,the clerk set the appointment and I told I would take care of the conference call. I did not see that in the Rules. Is this true? I called the Applicant's law office and I got the answering machine. I think there is something going on here.
    I never heard of that and it may be in an in house rule at that particular court house. I never knew that a confirmation Form 14c was required for a conference call in front of the Registrar. In fact it appears the form is used for case conferences, settlement conference, trial management conference and motion. Take a look at the form. I would ask them where in the family law rules does it say that such is required. It wouldn't be the first time the Registrar has apprehended the rules or incorrectly interpreted same. Make sure all your communication with the Registrar is in writing. Have them put put specifically where Form 14c is required for a telephone conference with the Registrar for disputed orders as it appears it is not covered by the Family Law Rules, Rules of Civil Procedure or the Courts of Justice Act.

I did a search on the vehicle that the exes bf drives, it's under my exes name and his as co-borrowers. Is there any relevance to bringing this up, ie she now owns two vehicles and a trailer, while I am scarcely able to afford 1 plus the fact he says he is only making 11,000 ( so to speak).
    Cross reference your ex's financial statements and net property statements to see if same is included. Additionally, I believe you could request the financial documentation at questioning which most likely would disclose the other financial information.

If you can prove that your ex was untruthful in her sworn financial information, this somewhat suggests that the current orders were obtained fraudulently.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X