This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex crossing out information on financial and other information

I am divorced - final in July 2011. Basically, I took a corollary relief just to push the divorce through.

Anyway, my corollary relief states that I can make $25,000 a year without being considered a material change of circumstances. Every couple of months he is demanding my income information.

He put through financial and life insurance information with 3/4 of it crossed out.

I don't know if it was appropriate or not, but I told my lawyer I will no longer accept crossed-out information.

On top of everything, he got mad at me because I won't help him pay a debt. Our corollary relief states that all debts have been divided to each other's satisfaction. Well now he is 5 days late on spousal support. I am calling Maintenance Enforcement but it takes them days to get back to me. I think he lied to them on top of it.

I would appreciate people's opinions on him blacking out information.

In my province, you can only ask for financial information once per year.

You can redact account numbers or a few digits of them , addresses , or whatever is reasonable for privacy. Or possibly more if there is a restraining order in place and one party could be located if information wasn't redacted. (Even this is a bit far-fetched).

Anything relevant to determining the matter at hand can't really be redacted.

It is not the norm unless you have an Agreement or Order that says differently.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X