Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD -> Coe v. Tope -> Geadah v. Geadah

Hi Everyone,

It is always amazing to see the powerful tide that has swept from the legal matters of WorkingDad and the efforts many have put in to assist him. WD has truly changed the face of family law.

False allegations and false emergencies are less likely to result in a parent losing access and being stuck with supervised access.

Oh, and if everyone is wondering where the Applicant got all the ideas about "emotional abuse" one just has to read her twitter feed to see where it came from...

2011 ONSC 6451 (CanLII) -> Coe v. Tope, 2014 ONSC 4002 (CanLII) -> Geadah v Geadah, 2015 ONSC 2562 (CanLII)

CanLII - 2015 ONSC 2562 (CanLII)

Not much to review in this one. Straight forward and to the point. (LF32 you should add this to your BoA.)

Negative Advocate Lawyers should also take note too!

[7] Here, I have not been persuaded that the father is a violent, controlling, uninterested parent who needs anger management and as well as has to be restrained from rampant drug use. The material relied upon by the mother and the submissions made by her counsel have taken two incidents of grabbing the eight-year-old’s arm, separated by a couple of months and paired them with a one-time incident involving throwing a computer tablet. This, it was argued, creates a picture of an angry, controlling, unrestrained father. I was not impressed by counsel’s attempt to turn the tablet incident into five separate examples of violence. As well, I was not convinced that the 10 pages of BBM text conversations as selected by the mother show that all issues except support had been agreed to by the parties and that failure to get his way on support had led to an unjustified claim for shared parenting by the father. I am satisfied that prior to the mother leaving the home for a short period of time after the police intervention on February 12th that a shared parenting arrangement existed where both parents were more or less equally involved. I am therefore satisfied that the shared parenting schedule as proposed by the respondent husband best satisfies the criteria as set out in s. 24 of the Children’s Law Reform Act , R.S.O. 1990 c. C-12. Given the father’s schedule of the family history and the current short distance between residences, it is in my view preferable that the children be in the care of the father after school until pick up by the mother on her days. I accept this arrangement as preferable to other alternatives, including daycare.
    Robert Haas of Thomson Mahoney Delorey, Barristers & Solicitors should be ashamed of himself and his transparent conduct.

Good Luck!
    Tayken
    Last edited by Tayken; 06-08-2015, 02:47 PM.

HI Tayken,

Longtime listener, first time caller...

Can I ask why this went so quickly? They separated in January 2015 and the decision was made in March. Don't these things drag on and on? Am I missing something?

Comment

Ensorcelled From reading it it says until trial so my thinking is that this is a temporary order not the final order so that is why it happened so quickly.

Comment

AH!! Wonderful. Thanks. I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dadx5 View Post
          Ensorcelled From reading it it says until trial so my thinking is that this is a temporary order not the final order so that is why it happened so quickly.
          Correct. It is a decision resulting from a motion and not a trial and is without prejudice and made on a temporary basis.

Comment

That's great! Which court house is this at?

Comment

The Geadah case is London. I was sad to read this case. My kids go to school with their kids

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethis View Post
                The Geadah case is London. I was sad to read this case. My kids go to school with their kids
                Another reason people need to consider their actions prior to going to court. If you do happen upon the Applicant Mother do let her know that false allegations of domestic violence is abusive.

Comment

As a person currently involved in a case where parental alienation is an ongoing issue...I hear you. Any time one parent makes false allegations of anything against another parent it isn't beneficial to the children.

Comment

I followed this case as I know a number of people who work at CAS there. Plus it was huge news when the decision was made (over one million $$$ in lawsuit and costs). It was horrible what this woman alleged and what the agencies believed. I feel for this poor man and what he went through and I was pleased a judge decided how they did.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                      I followed this case as I know a number of people who work at CAS there. Plus it was huge news when the decision was made (over one million $$$ in lawsuit and costs). It was horrible what this woman alleged and what the agencies believed. I feel for this poor man and what he went through and I was pleased a judge decided how they did.
                      Rockscan,

Which case had million+ costs. I read both cases and just wondered which one went far enough for a judge to slap them that hard.

Thx

YD23

Comment

It might have been the gedah one?
                        http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/10/lo...-of-14-million

Comment

WD -> Coe v. Tope -> Geadah v. Geadah

Might have been a different case all together...

Yep different case:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...3onsc5556.html
                          Last edited by rockscan; 07-02-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Thx Rockscan,

I will be using both Coe v. Tope & Geadah v. Geadah at my trial and as I prepare for our TMC later this summer. I've just started to draft my opening statement for TMC brief.

Both cases give a good view of what the judges focus on and how alienating parents no matter how educated hang themselves with their bull****!.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X