Fro/support payer not paying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fro/support payer not paying

I have a 2.5 year old daughter, her "father" has chosen not to be a part of her life, and has never even met her. I informed him that I couldn't make him be a parent however he would still be responsible for child support. After my daughter was born we had a discussion where we disagreed regarding support. I said if we can't work something out on our own I would be forced to take him to court. He proceeded to move and change his phone number. I started the court process. He did not file any response, financial statement, or even show up to court. In the end I received a default judgment, his income was imputed and filed with fro. Because he works through a union and is contracted out its very hard to find out where he's working at any given time. Fro was able to track him down last year and garnish a small amount of arrears. His union has since become less than helpful and is now actually providing false employer info for him. He has no licence to suspend. He owns no property. There is a federal support garnishment order in place and his passport has been revoked. They tried to start a default hearing however his union provided a false address and he couldn't be served. They are trying to find his bank accounts to seize them but I don't have account numbers. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience and can offer any suggestions.

If the union is falsifying documents then theyre committing fraud. If you can prove his union is doing this, there may be avenues you can take.

Have you spoken with your fro case worker to share this info?

Comment

Yes, my fro worker is the one who informed me this is happening. Three separate times now they have sent a demand for information letter to his union, his union faxes info to fro where he is supposedly working, and when my worker calls that company to confirm they apologize and tell him they're sorry they don't know why his union keeps saying that, he was working there but hasn't been there since last July. My worker says there's nothing he can do as the union is not his actual employer and are not required to provide any information whatsoever.

Comment

Then they need to stop going through his union.

Unfortunately in cases like yours there are some people who simply refuse to pay and no matter what processes there are in place, they will get past them. You can only hope that any tax returns he files get garnished and any other options he has for money gets taken. Its sad but theres nothing more you can do.

Comment

did you trick him into having a baby?

Comment

If you have a court order and the arrears are adding up FRO will continue with enforcement procedures. Ask for his drivers licence to be suspended. Ask for his passport to be cancelled. Do some digging on your own and see if you can find out where he is living. Does he own a car. Seizure and sale orders are another method. Do not rely on FRO to track him down. He is just a name to them and they just send out letters and wait for a reply.

You would likely know who he hangs out with etc. Go on Facebook and track him down. If he has blocked you set up a fake Facebook so,you can snoop and find out as much as you can.

Then pass it on to,your FRO caseworker.

It takes time and patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              did you trick him into having a baby?
              yes all women trick the man into putting his penis in their vagina. All women just want to take a man for all he is worth and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                yes all women trick the man into putting his penis in their vagina. All women just want to take a man for all he is worth and then some.
                It's a serious question...

I am trying to understand what guy willingly gets a girl pregnant and then wants nothing to do with the child or mother?

I mean, do they know about the pregnancy and ask the girl to have an abortion and she refuses?
                Does he just ignore her the night after?

Its a bit weird....

Comment

Believe it or not some guys just do not want to be that involved in their offspring lives. Not everyone want s 50/50!

There are lots of guys out there who figure " you had it, you take care of it".

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                    Believe it or not some guys just do not want to be that involved in their offspring lives. Not everyone want s 50/50!

There are lots of guys out there who figure " you had it, you take care of it".
                    why agree to have a child you never want to see?

Comment

Some people are just plain lazy and plain stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                        Some people are just plain lazy and plain stupid!
                        No doubt, ejaculation is quite the trick!
                        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

No, I didn't "trick" him into anything. He's a 35 year old grown man, quite old enough to understand how it works, if he didn't want children maybe he perhaps should have learned how to use condoms....

Comment

We do have a court order, he's over $10,000 in arrears. He doesn't have a licence or a car. He doesn't own any property. His passport was revoked last year, he doesn't care. I know where he is currently physically working but because he is not actually an employee of that company and he is contracted through his union his wages cannot garnished unless we know who he's contracted by and his union is not providing correct info and is instead giving info to a contractor he hasn't worked for in almost a year.

He has his Facebook all private and has spread lies about me all over town, people don't want to get involved, except some of the girls he has since screwed over have sent me messages telling me all the lies about me he's told and their similar stories. None have been able to give me an address as he tends to move in with whatever girl he is screwing over at the time.

Comment

So it's just as well he is not in your child's life. Just let go and make your own life.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X