No announcement yet.

Lawyer refuses service. Post Canada indicates: "the receiver refused service"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer refuses service. Post Canada indicates: "the receiver refused service"

Hello,

I have sent motion material to a lawyer, with tracking and signature. The lawyer refused the service. Post Canada indicated online "the receiver refused the service".

I sent the lawyer an e-mail with a photo of the envelope (his name, his address, the tracking number) + the information from Post Canada. He replies: My office has never received documents from you or refused service.
    The same day he refused the service, I resent everything by email. He answered: "I confirm I have not received motion material" I resent it back.

To give you a little bit of context, this lawyer is appealing a final decision stating his client lied many times to the Court House. His client was ordered considerable costs. He filed his appeal and two weeks later, he filed a motion to ask for an extension of time. I filed my motion to ask to dismiss his appeal. It is that motion material that he refused to accept.

What else can I do other than filing another Affidavit with the evidence and making my arguments even stronger to have his appeal dismissed because it is a frivolous one?

Thank you.

1. Hire a real service provider.
    2. Have them serve it and fill out an affidavit of service.

Problem solved.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X