X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for a few obstacles on proceeding with uncontested divorce

Hi Guys,

I am very glad to come back to this forum after the settlement on TMC of this February.

I want to say "Thank everyone for helping me go thru the whole ordeal.Thank you all"

Now, I am working on the last procedure "divorce".

1. Item 8 of Form 36

it seems that i know the meaning, however, I do not know whether I should fill some condition or not.

background: TMC final court order, both sides settled all issues. and the last item of the final court order is " Divorce: 15. The Applicant father shall proceed with uncontested divorce by way of filing an affidavit with court."

I put my words on item 8: "The final court order", which means that i want the final court order to be the part of the divorce order.

however, I do not know what if I leave Item 8 blank. give me some ideas about item 8. what is the good side or bad side of leaving blank.

2. Clearance from Ottawa

i was told at the 393 University ave, Toronto that there is an duplicate issue about your case. There is an old case happened on Feb 2003, my ex initiated an legal procedure for Divorce. Then nothing happened next. Since then I simple ignore that old case. it seems that that 2003 old action is still there. the court clerk told me that the old case must be sent to Ottawa with the latest final court order which includes " Divorce: 15. The Applicant father shall proceed with uncontested divorce by way of filing an affidavit with court."

by doing that the ottawa can discontinue the 2003 old action, then I can get an clearance from ottawa.

3. This is my final step before I can receive my new love. is there any important key point that I should pay attention to in order to finish the last step without any sudden unexpected obstacle.

any opinion will be appreciated.

Nick
    July 6, 2011

For item 8 you may cut and past (if you are doing it on computer) from your agreement the relevent sections. If you are typing it out, just type it out.

Comment

Hi Mess,

Thank you for your reply.

What I really got confused and not sure how to deal with is that:

Should I bring the whole or part of the final court order (completed on TMC) into the upcoming divorce order, or should not. Does it really matter? What is the consequences if I leave it blank. It seems that is simple but for me this is a tough question. I do not know how to make my decision on it. I do not know what will happen if I leave the Item 8 blank.

I just want to finish the last step smoothly and close this case, so that i could forget it and go ahead with my new life. I do not want to create any ripples at this last step and hope the court will issue the divorce order to me without any noise.

would you please give me some idea what the consequences will be if I leave the Item 8 of form 36 blank and what if I bring in the final court order happened on TMC.

any response will be appreciated.

Nick

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X