No announcement yet.

My ex wife came to my house and assaulted me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost identical situation happened to me last Saturday except my ex didn't touch me. She wanted the kid for K-day. I said no. She threatened the kid and tried to scare him. I told her she has 5 seconds to leave or I will dial 911. I also turned on video recording camera and put it in the corner. She said no, Im not leaving blah blah. I took the kid to the room and when I got back out to the living-room she was in her car already. And yes, she just walked in, without asking.
    Last edited by The Iceberg; 07-29-2015, 03:05 AM.

Comment

My very intelligent ex-wife admitted via email that she didn't hit me she "pushed" me because I was intimidating her.... i picked a genius...

Comment

LOL - yep one born every minute

Comment

No kidding you were not afraid of your ex. Most restraining orders and DV charges have nothing to with potential for harm. Throw a phone at a wall and go to jail for assault or whatever. Just go to jail and remember to show up at your next criminal case conference so it can be delayed some more.

Charging her would have probably made more trouble than it,s worth and now it dosn't matter.

Fine stay on course but do not forget if she accuses you you are in trouble. Try to stay out of trouble. So far I think you are very lucky as far as luck goes

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
            No kidding you were not afraid of your ex. Most restraining orders and DV charges have nothing to with potential for harm. Throw a phone at a wall and go to jail for assault or whatever. Just go to jail and remember to show up at your next criminal case conference so it can be delayed some more.

Charging her would have probably made more trouble than it,s worth and now it dosn't matter.

Fine stay on course but do not forget if she accuses you you are in trouble. Try to stay out of trouble. So far I think you are very lucky as far as luck goes
            I have no idea what you are talking about. She admitted in writing to coming to my house and assaulting me, that is the point I was trying to make.

Comment

I apologize to be confusing. Was kinda complaining bout the system while trying to be supporting.
              You mentioned your ex was not a threat to you even if she had a knife and I know what you meant by that.
              Charging her for a punch that could not hurt you did not seem necessary, I get that, and you have the proof to take this forward if you decide.

Family law is dirty law. Like in business , good guys finish last. I hope this post makes more sense.

Comment

I think what Links is referring to is the fact that he is not afraid of his Ex in any physical confrontations - though he absolutely needs to protect himself from her in a legal sense.

From what I've read so far, she would be more than capable of turning this whole mess around to make it look like she was the victim here ... that's what Links should be worrying about. In home cameras would be a good idea.

Comment

It would be spectacular if she pressed charges, besides her admitting coming to my house, hitting/pushing me in WRITING, my kids were there and saw it. My kids would divorce her at the end of this...

Her lawyer is a nut, the LAWYER got hit with costs (VERY RARE in Quebec in family matters) recently trying to get contempt against a dad who missed 3 phone calls (the definition of crazy) and then in another hearing got smoked by a judge accusing the LAWYER of being unreasonable, extreme and engaging in carpet bombing tactics (he used those words).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X