This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Bills

Hello everyone, yet another newbie on the forum and very recently seperated. Readers digest of my sob story, my wife left 5 days ago with her new boyfriend and left me with the kids, one from our marraige and one from her 1st marriage, (yep I'm her step Dad) however she's an adult but sure as hell wasn't going with her mom. She has racked up 10's of thousands of dollars on credit card bills which I'm more than happy to split down the middle.....as of 5 days ago. My worry is that she will run them to high heaven, now that were quasi separated. It's kinda like a 50% off sale . I'll get stuck with the 1/2 the bill from that point on.
    Any recommendations on how to procede from here so I don't get any more screwed from here on in.
    There is no way I can pay them all off and some are in her name only.

Thanks every one

Welcome Wudant......there is alot of help here for sure.....for the credit card bills that have already been racked up they will have to be split 50/50 for payment......to stop her from reacking anymore up just call your creditors and have her name removed from the card.....if they refuse then cancel that card and get a new one issued.......that will stop the possiblity of new bills flowing towards you........as for the children I wouldnt let that worry me too much........she could/wouldnt care for them so she left them (very odd for sure) to any extent obviously she knew you would be the better parent to your bio child and non bio child.......if the teenager didnt want to go then you have to know that they value their relationship with you and deep down know whats good for them.......dont argue with her just smile & nod

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X