This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
    Too funny. Not passive aggressive at all You're problem solving!

I admit, I now enjoy ending my letters to his lawyer with Have a Nice Day!. I asked the process server to say it when he was served as well
    The ex never apologized, and he denies ever abusing me in any way, shape or form. Forgiving is my way of not letting the past overtake my present. I don't dwell on the past the way I used to. He doesn't have that power any more.

As for his lawyer, who wrote some very nasty and untrue things about me in her letters to my lawyer...I decided that in the case conference last summer, where I would meet her for the first time, I would be very nice to her, even though she caused me a lot of grief. I spoke with her about the weather, how time flies, etc. small talk. She seemed a bit surprised at first, but it wasn't long before we were speaking to each other like friends. I'm sure that we could have been friends if we had met under different circumstances.

The ex was not pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
      The ex never apologized, and he denies ever abusing me in any way, shape or form. Forgiving is my way of not letting the past overtake my present. I don't dwell on the past the way I used to. He doesn't have that power any more.

As for his lawyer, who wrote some very nasty and untrue things about me in her letters to my lawyer...I decided that in the case conference last summer, where I would meet her for the first time, I would be very nice to her, even though she caused me a lot of grief. I spoke with her about the weather, how time flies, etc. small talk. She seemed a bit surprised at first, but it wasn't long before we were speaking to each other like friends. I'm sure that we could have been friends if we had met under different circumstances.

The ex was not pleased.
      One thing we need to remember about lawyers is that the stuff 'they' write are the words and opinions of their client and is done so under the direction of their client. They don't know you, nor do they know that what their client is telling them about you is untrue - and it isn't their job to sort that out. Being angry at a lawyer for their letters is like being angry at the post office for delivering them.

I often find that the best way to deal with cantankerous, difficult people is to kill them with kindness - and yes, they are often so caught off guard they forget what a jerk they had planned to be!

Comment

Have a Nice Day!

Comment

As my Dad would say at times like this:

Pipe down the lot of ya! (sheesh, I come here to forget about all the nagging, criticizing, arguing and drama I went through??? This forum is just like being married!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            It is quite the story. She found out her husband was cheating on her with her best friend. She and the best-friend's husband became each other's support system and it eventually blossomed into a romance.

A very strange way to find your soul mate.
            A good friend of our family ended up with his ex's ex - but by accident. His wife had an affair with a cop, left him took the kids and moved in with the cop. A mutual friend was taking a night class and hooked him up with this wonderful woman she met - who turned out to be the ex's ex.

Both women are named Susan. Made for really odd introductions at those occasional events like weddings and funerals. They're still together today, 20 something years later.

Comment

Have a Nice Day!

Almost 3 weeks ago I saw my ex in a grocery store parking lot. The look on his face was priceless...I have never seen him look so livid, and I've seen him with a lot of anger for a lot of decades! Golly, what a look! I never knew putting groceries in a trunk could cause such anger!

It's funny...when I saw him the first thing I thought of to say to him was "Have a nice day!" But I kept quiet and just walked on.

Btw..I have had totally No Contact with him since separation. Last winter, out of the blue, he sent me a threatening letter by mail. I immediately called police. They spoke with him and told him that he could be arrested if it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                That will never happen in a bigger city...I mean what are the chances? One of the problems with small town me thinks...everyone has done everyone, one person sneezes and the whole town gets it, no privacy etc

True enough, everybody knows everybody's business. So far I have run into Ex at grocery store, restaurant ( there are only two in town ) farmer's market and at my dentist office. Luckily ex was spooked because of the restraining order so did not attempt conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                  That will never happen in a bigger city...I mean what are the chances? One of the problems with small town me thinks...everyone has done everyone, one person sneezes and the whole town gets it, no privacy etc
                  I live in a city with over 100,000 pop. I've seen him only twice in over 2 years,(well, 3 times if you include the cc.) Come to think of it, they were both in grocery store parking lots!

Comment

I live in a city with over 100,000 pop. I've seen him only twice in over 2 years,(well, 3 times if you include the cc.) Come to think of it, they were both in grocery store parking lots!
                    I live in a city that size and bumped into the bastard more than I'd care to.

Not hard when he books his wedding reception at the same venue as my 40th birthday party. Knowingly.

I'm so grateful he's left the country.

Comment

Almost 3 weeks ago I saw my ex in a grocery store parking lot. The look on his face was priceless...I have never seen him look so livid, and I've seen him with a lot of anger for a lot of decades! Golly, what a look! I never knew putting groceries in a trunk could cause such anger!

It's funny...when I saw him the first thing I thought of to say to him was "Have a nice day!" But I kept quiet and just walked on.

Btw..I have had totally No Contact with him since separation. Last winter, out of the blue, he sent me a threatening letter by mail. I immediately called police. They spoke with him and told him that he could be arrested if it happens again.
                      I sure hope you were looking smokin'. A big smile and Have a Nice Day.

Comment

I work for the same organization, in the same building as my ex. I run into him in the halls occasionally. Big smile, big "hi!" from me. He looks red-faced and hypertensive.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                          I work for the same organization, in the same building as my ex. I run into him in the halls occasionally. Big smile, big "hi!" from me. He looks red-faced and hypertensive.
                          Awkward to say the least. The officer who accompanied me in criminal court suggested that I change my usual 'haunts' to avoid running into my ex - but I haven't changed a thing - he's the one with the restriction order, why should I have to change any of my habits?

I was insulted by this, it's like telling a rape victim to dress down in order to not 'provoke' attackers? BS! The one with the restraining order should restrain where they go, not moi!

Bonjour and a nice day

Comment

just to clarify, the word fuck is okay for everyone to use on the board now? Don't want to get into trouble if I use it.

Comment

I sure hope you were looking smokin'. A big smile and Have a Nice Day.
                              Yes I did. Looking good/living well is the best revenge. Don't you know it girl.

Comment

I live on the outskirts of an 800,000+ population city, I rarely run into my ex locally, but run into him all the time in the city. Come to think of it, I rarely run into anyone I know here, but frequently do in the city.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X