No announcement yet.

Obligation to Investigate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should think very carefully before posting as an Abused Man on this forum.

Firstly, the forum is riddled with extreme feminists who are collective VERY LIKELY
    to have contact with your ex wife
    and likely to pass your posts on to her.

Police do NOT help abused men, in fact in Ottawa
    its well known that abused men end up being charged
    themselves.

There is NO government funded support organizations
    for men who are victims of abuse
    while literally billions are spent on
    the feminist One Stop Divorce Shops.

Comment

Um Dick I live in Alberta and I can assure you I don't know the posters ex-wife.

There are all sorts of charitable/non-profit support grounds across the country for male victims of abuse.

Dick - if you have a psychological disorder and are in need of medication (by the sounds of your posts on the forum) you should probably seek some medical advice. I mean that quite seriously. You just don't sound at all like a calm, rational individual. It sounds like you perceive a threat against you from women and the police. You could very well be hallucinating. I strongly urge you to seek medical assistance.

Comment

I really see this as a case of gender bias, if its a man the cops are so quick to lay a charge,

when you tell me that she has admitted on 911 to slap you, i would request the tapes of the call & transcript, visit a lawyer, go to the justice of piece with the copies of the transcript, lay a charge on her and contact your city's police cheif to conduct disciplinary action against the cops involved.

additionally if the admittance of assault on the 911 tape took place after your first call to 911 i would also sue to cops on some "failing to protect you" sort of grounds ( a lawyer can tell you better) because you had already called them previously and they knew full well that assaults were taking place but failed to take action.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
          I really see this as a case of gender bias, if its a man the cops are so quick to lay a charge,

when you tell me that she has admitted on 911 to slap you, i would request the tapes of the call & transcript, visit a lawyer, go to the justice of piece with the copies of the transcript, lay a charge on her and contact your city's police cheif to conduct disciplinary action against the cops involved.

additionally if the admittance of assault on the 911 tape took place after your first call to 911 i would also sue to cops on some "failing to protect you" sort of grounds ( a lawyer can tell you better) because you had already called them previously and they knew full well that assaults were taking place but failed to take action.
          I do in fact already have the 911 call and she does in fact admit to slapping me on it. The police report obtained under the freedom of information act has it blanked out.

I am not going to be fighting the police on this issue at this point. My case is now before the court so I'll let that play out.

It is frustrating because I know it's gender bias.

Comment

Just to point out, I think most of you are missing the point of having a recorder going.

1. It's generally useless in a family law setting. That isn't the intention.

2. It's primary purpose is to prevent a false DV charge being leveraged against YOU (as the guy).

3. The easiest way for her to put you on the defensive is goad you into an argument, claim you hit her, call the cops and have you arrested/charged. At that point you are now fighting a battle on two fronts (family and criminal) as well as having to defend against allegations of being abusive/temper issues/etc.

To the OP: If you are living with crazy, you are well advised to get a recorder and start taping 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
              Just to point out, I think most of you are missing the point of having a recorder going.

1. It's generally useless in a family law setting. That isn't the intention.

2. It's primary purpose is to prevent a false DV charge being leveraged against YOU (as the guy).

3. The easiest way for her to put you on the defensive is goad you into an argument, claim you hit her, call the cops and have you arrested/charged. At that point you are now fighting a battle on two fronts (family and criminal) as well as having to defend against allegations of being abusive/temper issues/etc.

To the OP: If you are living with crazy, you are well advised to get a recorder and start taping 24/7.
              As per advice received here I have been recording at all times both of us are present in the house since Aug. Although I have not been recording all night while I am sleeping. Should I be?

I fully understand that these cannot be used in court as evidence of anything. However I do find them very useful in updating my daily log about conversations that have taken place in front of the kids and things that were said. I review them often for documentation purposes.

Thanks

FB

Comment

I wouldn't worry about taping while asleep. Just moreso when you are in the home with her.

Absolute worst case scenario, you can pay to have them transcribed and used as evidence that way. Though that is expensive and not usually required.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X