This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vent

why in the Canadian system can someone have kids lose custody of them, see them for 30 hours every 2 months not pay a cent in child support because they decided to quite there job rot on welfare and have more baby's instead of helping support the ones she already has. then complain that i'm not respecting her rights

and by law even though she pays nothing for the kids or help out in anyway nor shows any real interest in them and uses the system in every way she can to get out of any responsibility still demand her rights as their so called mother.and i have to respect that.

on top of that because of welfare she gets free legal aid while i who works my ass off to support 2 kids has to pay thousands of $ to pay for a lawyer

i just don't get it.

sorry just needed to vent
    thank you.

Hey you reproduced with her didn't you? Not the problem of the system my friend. Look between your own legs.

You've left this burden on the tax payers so don't go bitching about the "system."

Comment

Legal aid is broken. There are three ways to be able to participate meaningfully in the legal system:

1) Be rich
      2) Be poor
      3) Be female and say that your spouse hit you

Otherwise, justice will not be found in the courts, only pain.

Legal aid of course removes the urge to negotiate from the recipient, and drives litigation. If I was a recipient of legal aid, and my ex had to pay for a lawyer, I would definitely try to push for court, why negotiate at all?

Comment

Originally posted by afraid View Post
        why in the Canadian system can someone have kids lose custody of them, see them for 30 hours every 2 months not pay a cent in child support because they decided to quite there job rot on welfare and have more baby's instead of helping support the ones she already has. then complain that i'm not respecting her rights

and by law even though she pays nothing for the kids or help out in anyway nor shows any real interest in them and uses the system in every way she can to get out of any responsibility still demand her rights as their so called mother.and i have to respect that.

on top of that because of welfare she gets free legal aid while i who works my ass off to support 2 kids has to pay thousands of $ to pay for a lawyer

i just don't get it.

sorry just needed to vent
        thank you.
        Well we don't know much of your story at all, but it's ok to vent here. You will get other posters venting in reply but that's healthy too I suppose. Arabian gave me my first laugh of the day.

Comment

Wear a condom.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
            because the canadian family law system favours women. the poor cows cant look after themselves.
            Dont judge us all by the actions of a few.

Comment

Let's try to be helpful to new posters?

It saddens me that the OP came here as a newbie to vent about the problems with the system, which we have all done and the best advice the OP gets is they should have had safe sex.

Comments like these in particular are offensive.

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Hey you reproduced with her didn't you? Not the problem of the system my friend. Look between your own legs.

You've left this burden on the tax payers so don't go bitching about the "system."
              What would the children feel like if they read this? The OP is not the one on welfare.

To the OP, being shocked at the system of family law in this country is natural and we all went through it when our relationships and lives changed dramatically. Come here to vent and get yourself a good support network. Then either get a lawyer or read up on here and educate yourself how to get what is best for your children by working with the system. Complaining about the system is normal but it will not be changing anytime soon.

Comment

This too is an offensive post.

Originally posted by caranna View Post
                Wear a condom.
                When you started posting here about your troubles in leaving an abusive relationship did posters say it was your fault and you should have left?

Let's all please remember this is supposed to be a supportive forum for those seeking advice on how to fix their problems with family law, not what one thinks they should have done.

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
                  because the canadian family law system favours women. the poor cows cant look after themselves.
                  I'm remarking on slughead's reply, not the OP, "faith and morals." If you had read this thread thoroughly, you would have realized this.

And my remark was not meant to be offensive, just advice. I've said this before and I'll say it again ...I like slughead.
                  Last edited by caranna; 04-28-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Wear a Condom is good, sound advice. Perhaps this is less offensive:

It stands to reason that if a gentleman is having sex with someone and doesn't wear protection he very soon may have a child/children to provide for. If the person that engaged in sex (with children from another partner) has no income to support these children then she would definitely looking for ways to get support her children. If the father of the children do not step up to the plate then the mother is going to look to the government to assist her.

Wear a condom. The problem, as I see it, doesn't stem from the government rather from the two who are having sex which may result in children which they cannot afford to support. We, the taxpayers, step up to the plate and provide. The expression "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind here. If you don't like the sort of support the government gives out then you would have to look elsewhere.

Comment

did any of you wear a condom when you wanted to start a family ? did i know 12 years ago when we had kids that my ex would abandon her kids and use the system in every way see could against me ? and there's nothing i can do because she gets under 10k a year from welfare she is not disabled or unable to work she just makes more money on welfare than working and having to pay cs and it's the kids that are paying for it. i know i picked her and i have to live with it i just came here to vent. i especially like arabain response "to look between my legs." your an asshole. maybe if i were a female posting i'd get better support. ty

Comment

Afraid: You should realize that pretty much anyone on this forum made mistakes to be with the person they are now fighting in court with. You are male and therefore you will automatically get sympathy from the majority on this forum. It's a real pity-party and you've come to the right place to vent your frustrations about the mother of your children.

Comment

Afraid, we could have taken your initial post, switched the genders, and have the same result over and over again all across the country. Your vent isn't gender specific - lots of guys out there knocking women up and dropping them, not paying cs, working the government tab, under the table for their next case of beer, etc...

But this is a great place to vent, because many can commiserate. Losers aren't gender specific.. they are just losers. Keep venting!
                          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by FaithandMorals View Post
                            This too is an offensive post.

When you started posting here about your troubles in leaving an abusive relationship did posters say it was your fault and you should have left?

Let's all please remember this is supposed to be a supportive forum for those seeking advice on how to fix their problems with family law, not what one thinks they should have done.
                            Have to agree with this. People should be allowed to vent if they want. No need for carass and below the belt commentary. Is it helpful? No. Is it indicative of the kind of person YOU are? Yes.

This thread (as do many of late) is fast becoming a competition for the most offensive comment one can make. Not in the least surprised by the comments made by Slug. But am surprised by Caranna, aren't you 65 years old or something? Had you pegged as a "refined" and compassionate older lady with time on her hands.

So, folks lets try and keep it clean and try and be more generous to those who come to the forum desperate for advice or just to vent. We've all been there.
                            Last edited by Nadia; 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Well said. I hope we can get back to the positive support that used to be more commonplace.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X