This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitions Social Worker

Does anyone have any experience with a social worker/case worker giving assessments for the court? Can you give me any advice on what to expect and things that will help or not help?

Background info: It was decided we'd use a social worker to assess our children's wants vs waiting for OCL since they may not even accept our case and it may take some time. My stbx wants to buy me out of the marital home clearly to sway the children to stay with him and make me move out so that he can gain advantage in the custody dispute. I declined him buying me out pending a custody/financial agreement, however, I did agree to this caseworker to assess our children's needs/wants.

I'm worried about a few things. One him finding a way to force me out of the marital home and hence sway the case. And two, him "blackmailing" our children with promises to stay in the home, etc.

I refuse to try to harrass or blackmail my children with promises and I know this happens.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X