This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.R.O financial statements

does anyone know how to read the F.R.O statement of arrears account? I am having a problem getting the F.R.O to explain it. I asked them if they give credits to a payers account and they said we don't give credits we only take money out not put it back in. My ex says that I owe her 8,000 (first it was 18,000) because the F.R.O credited my account some money and that I didn't pay her enough support for a year. I made my own calculations and came to the conclusion that she owes me 12,000 in over payments and she owes me money. If there was a credit made is there a way I can find that out? Would it say so on the statement of arrears?

Just an add on the reason I went into arrears in the first place was due to the fact that I was paying way to much support and could not keep up with the payments. I payed them all off in a lump sum which I received when I had to sell my home because I was about to loose my shirt. I didn't want anyone thinking I was a dead beat who didn't pay my support I just fell on hard times and didn't have the ability to pay, but she got it all in a lump sum 3,000. She is remarried and they have 2 incomes so i don't think it hurt her all that much, I guess i kinda saved it for her so that she could have a whole 3,000 to spend on herself.
    Last edited by Ihave2kidsIcannotsee; 02-04-2009, 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by Ihave2kidsIcannotsee
      I guess i kinda saved it for her so that she could have a whole 3,000 to spend on herself.
      I am sorry to read about all the things you have had to go through, very difficult and unfair, but unfortunately what stands out the most is the portion I quoted.

My ex used this type of phrase to avoid paying CS for his children and I have nothing polite that I should repeat on here for those types of things.

You do not have the slightest clue what the money was spent on, nor do you know if it went to the kids, and regardless of the over payment, it's not your choice what the money is used for once she receives it.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

The fact that your ex is remarried has nothing to do with your child support.
        Your obligated to contribute to their upbringing.

FRO bases their withdrawals on the Support Deduction Order.
        If your income drops and they take 50% of your income and it still doesn't cover the support you fall into arrears.

The only way a 'credit' ( I take it to mean adjustment ) was made is if you had altered the Support Deduction order and FRO adjusted your arrears based on the effective date on the new order.

If your arrears were $3000 and you paid them, what's the question here?
        If your arrears were more than $3000 you're still in arrears.
        You can't get out of that one w/o a consent order filed with the court where your EX agrees with you OR arguing your case in court with a Motion to Vary Support and being successful getting an adjustment made during your time of hardship. The new hardship will be the court costs.

Your post is confusing.

Comment

That is exactly my point what is the problem when all arrears are payed up why does she think she is entitled to more support? She is saying that a few years I payed less then I was suppose to even though the court ordered it to be that way. She thinks I owe her back support retroactive. But since I over payed 12,000 over the past 4 years I think any retroactive support is erased. I cannot see how they think they have a leg to stand on and go to full trial, maybe her lawyer doesn't care if she looses and has to pay him plus me for some of my fees. I would rather settle before going to trial but she is unreasonable.

Comment

The fact that my ex is remarried is not going to help me legally but morally I think it is wrong for one parent to be made financially responsible for the children why shouldn't my ex have to help pay for taking care of them? and if I am giving her money for my children why does she not have to show how she is spending it were is the financial responsibility? I have to show all my finances how much I own etc but she doesn't have to show anything about her finances and how she is using her money. How do I know she is even giving my children what they need? How do I know she isn't just using the money on her own pleasures, I mean she's able to turn my children against me and not care why would she care about there daily needs. I think there needs to be responsibility on both sides its not fair to just sock money over and you have no say in how it is going to be used. I am merely the money maker and nothing more I cannot even be a father she has taken that right away from me.

Comment

You are legally obligated to pay what ever support is ordered or consented to , and then imposed in the support deduction order. This support deduction order is sent to fro for enforcement.

You have to understand that FRO is not the court, they are mearly a bank that collects monies from the payor and gives to the recipient. you will owe what ever monthy, yearly ammount stipulated. It will continue to grow accordingly.

the Fro statements are simple. the far right column is what you owe. so if you see a -$... you owe that money. if there is no - there is a credit. the column to the left of that is what you paid and date accordingly. and the next one left is the ammount they credit her as per the support deduction order.

If for some reason you don't agree with what you see there because of changes in circumstances, you must go back to court. Fro cannot change anything. File a motion to change your support and have arrears adjusted accordingly. Hopefully you get consent and it doesn't have to go to trial.

In the same motion, have something put in there so you have access to your kids.

good luck

Support is most often based on the federal tables "child support guidelines"

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X