No announcement yet.

Pocket Call - is it evidence or at least reportable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok - thanks for the clarification. I did think it a bit odd! (I believe the text was probably from a very old post).

I'm no expert in any of these areas. Obviously many people think that if you just ignore it (PA) it will go away and children eventually grow up and move on. I guess it doesn't just "go away."

If you have the money (big money) and the fortitude then you might want to pursue the matter in court. I would draw your attention to the comment of the judge who noted the number of affidavits which had been submitted, over time, by both parents (in excess of 12 each). That family spent alot of time and money before the matter ended up in front of a judge.

You will have to decide if you can afford this or if there are alternatives. In the case cited the father was awarded sole custody with no access granted to the mother until such time as the court is convinced it is feasible.

You are in an unenviable situation because if you approached your ex with the information you now have, she would possible perceive this as a threat and things could get even worse for you.

My only advice would be for you to seek information and guidance from professionals who work specifically in the area of PA in your Province.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Ok - thanks for the clarification. I did think it a bit odd! (I believe the text was probably from a very old post).

I'm no expert in any of these areas. Obviously many people think that if you just ignore it (PA) it will go away and children eventually grow up and move on. I guess it doesn't just "go away."

If you have the money (big money) and the fortitude then you might want to pursue the matter in court. I would draw your attention to the comment of the judge who noted the number of affidavits which had been submitted, over time, by both parents (in excess of 12 each). That family spent alot of time and money before the matter ended up in front of a judge.

You will have to decide if you can afford this or if there are alternatives. In the case cited the father was awarded sole custody with no access granted to the mother until such time as the court is convinced it is feasible.

You are in an unenviable situation because if you approached your ex with the information you now have, she would possible perceive this as a threat and things could get even worse for you.

My only advice would be for you to seek information and guidance from professionals who work specifically in the area of PA in your Province.
      Thanks Arabian, you've got to the right point, who should I ask, please give me some direction, I'm self represented and I can't afford to spend thousands on psychologists, thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

What Province are you in? Maybe some other people on the forum can give you suggestions/names if they know where you reside.

Comment

What Province are you in? Maybe some other people on the forum can give you suggestions/names if they know where you reside.
          Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Type into google/browser:

"reunification parental alienation Ontario"

Numerous resources are listed.

Comment

Type into google/browser:

"reunification parental alienation Ontario"

Numerous resources are listed.
              I'll do, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
                Hi all,

yesterday, I received a pocket call from my stbx's cell phone right after having had my access phone call with my oldest daughter from the same cell phone.

During the call, several disparaging (heartbreaking) things where said by my stbx to my daughter about me.

This was obviously not meant to be heard by me, BUT its still wrong for her to be denigrating me like that to my daughter.

The OCL is involved.

Does anyone feel that I have the moral grounds to report this to the OCL despite the fact that the call was not meant to be heard by me ?

What the stbx is doing is wrong.

Any opinions are welcome.

thanks
                Do you have a recording of it??

There are cases where people have pocket dialed while hiring hit men and they were used in a court of law.

There was also a case a few years ago where some boys pocket dialed 911 and then went on a crime spree, everything was recorded by the 911 operator and including them smoking up.

I would say if you heard it, recorded it and or someone else was with you. they you can use it in court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X