X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...........grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      You are not special. You do not possess more charm, or wit, or skill than the women that I know that have been screwed in divorce. Your divorce situation is perfectly ordinary.
      I would say this is one of the best comments I have ever read on this site. I would even say it could be reflective of anyone (man, woman, etc...) posting similar comments.

This could be printed on a t-shirt in my opinion.

Tayken!

Comment

Thank you Tayken.

Its Monday and not my favorite day of the week so I'm a little cranky. I shouldn't get so riled up about it but this OP's attitude is really over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          Thank you Tayken.

Its Monday and not my favorite day of the week so I'm a little cranky. I shouldn't get so riled up about it but this OP's attitude is really over the top.
          Despite it being Monday and your self admission that you are a "little cranky" all points in the message are cogent and bang on. Delivered with a dose of reality folded into the mix.

I wouldn't want to be the solicitor on the other side of any matter you are involved with. Honestly, you have a grasp of relevance that most people just don't have in Family Law... Even solicitors.

Tayken

Comment

If I could ask you a question, do you want your x to be supportive of the kids and voluntarily help when you need it? Do you want to have your kids, when they grow up and search for the public access record of your trial, judge you?

There's a lot of research that says when dad's feel like they're part of the family (ie in joint custody) they pay. Imagine this... one day, your x is stressed or whatever and decides that he needs a break. If you've been hard on him, will he think twice about finding ways to take a break resulting in less CS$ for you? Will he discuss it with you when you've dragged him into court even when he is paying a good deal already and has legal fees?

Lots of questions to ask yourself. In my situation, my wife applied for maintenance enforcement even though in our joint custody split of our 5 kids I struggle, but make every payment. Do you know how that feels? To be put in a program for non-payers without consent? I have the option of stress leave from my doc. If I took it, my income would plummet. While her living standards would drop, I have family who could help me out.

Causing pain to someone only leads to pain in life or later.

Comment

Legal Costs/Legal Aid

Hi,
              I just wanted to post the experience I had which was that I did not qualify for Legal Aid even though I was on Disability through my employer and couldnt possibly pay the fees. My husband took a long time due to errors to get legal aid but I waited for him to do so at the advice of my lawyer. All togethewr my legal costs were well over 10,000 and often not necessary as my ex was trying to take it to the point I would not have funds, he lied at conferences and was corrrected and told not to do this again and he continued to. He tried to take custody by serving me when he knew I was going into hospital. My lawyer had me file for divorce in Superior Court as he forsaw this even though I believed him that he woulnt do anything while I was getting medical treatment, after all I waited a full yr for him to obtain legal rep. As it turns out his filing subpeona etc were useless as filing with Superior negates them. His lawyer didnt bothr to check first. Legal Aud does not allow for person to be applicant only respondent in Superior Court. It is a game provincial courts rubber stamp and are overturned when motion is filed with Superior. I am glad I followed my lawyers advice atr a time when I was unwell in a vulnerable position. I am also eternally grateful to my family for ensuring I had legal representation at all time they paid for it. Also I believe my ex thought if it kept on it would become too expensive, at one point I simply told him $ isnt an issue, even though I hated to see it happen. Now he has large lien on his property and is bitter I havent debt. Emotions were ruling the day and he also took advice from people who were not in a position to be knowledgeable. It could have been settled quickly and inexpensively but wasnt so it makes sense to listen to the advice, if you feel its needed get a second opinion just remember there is a reason lawyers exist. My lawyer only practices family and real estate as he says it is too complicated. Both the jusge and other lawyer refered to him in providing info about family law, thought that said a lot!! Also he doesnt do legal aid at all, he is arrogant and I didnt care much for him but that wasnt the point. He seemed to get along very well with my VP executive brother who helped me as at the time I was not at all well and didnt see it to be necessary to do that b4 going to hospital. WRONG on my part

Comment

That is nasty
                Last edited by kat41; 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM. Reason: wrong place for post accidently posted in the wrong area

Comment

This is nasty. disrespectful and rude. There needs to be some restraint shown by members so that eeryone can feel comfortable in posting. Not agreeing can be done without such insult, just my though on reading this
                  Last edited by kat41; 02-10-2012, 02:07 PM. Reason: I have posted the reply in the wrong place not too well versed in this

Comment

This thread seems to be going too far in terms of respect, namecaling insults etc.., I am not very savvy when it comes to posting in the place I want too, anyway I have gone through my own ordeal kas has everyone. Just think it should be safe to post without fear of being insulted, for some people may not see it this way butit can lead to some feeling uneasy about saying something

Comment

I think this is the forum you're looking for:

Want Someone to Hold My Hand Forum & Chat | Message Board, Chat Rooms & Forums to Post & Talk in

You seem to have accidently stumbled into the Divorce forum.

Comment

Originally posted by kat41 View Post
                        This thread seems to be going too far in terms of respect, namecaling insults etc.., I am not very savvy when it comes to posting in the place I want too, anyway I have gone through my own ordeal kas has everyone. Just think it should be safe to post without fear of being insulted, for some people may not see it this way butit can lead to some feeling uneasy about saying something
                        If you are affraid to ask a stupid question for fear of getting a stupid answer, then maybe it is best not to open ones mouth.

Comment

There are no stupid questions!!

Only stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                            There are no stupid questions!!

Only stupid people.
                            Touche...

But really, I am not sure what was expected here. Sure, we could've lied and said "No worries go to court. What's the worst thing that could happen. Of course court is the place to rant and rave about your ex even though it is completely irrelevent to matter at hand....oh, and if you get the boat, will you sell it too me?"

Instead we were honest. Some people don't like our honesty and retorted that we don't know what we are talking about.....at which point things go downhill faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck.

Comment

You're right, questions don't make people stupid - stupid makes people stupid.

mmMMMmm ice cream!

Comment

I think this is the forum you're looking for:

Want Someone to Hold My Hand Forum & Chat | Message Board, Chat Rooms & Forums to Post & Talk in

You seem to have accidently stumbled into the Divorce forum.
                                lmao....

Just think it should be safe to post without fear of being insulted, for some people may not see it this way butit can lead to some feeling uneasy about saying something
                                You seem to be doing fine with posting here...you did several in rapid succession....had no idea what you were saying...but you did post.

If you are affraid to ask a stupid question for fear of getting a stupid answer, then maybe it is best not to open ones mouth
                                True and I would also add that if you ask a question which illustrates immorality (ie. the poster trying to get her bf's dead mothers life insurance) or an entitlement-driven, warped mental state (ie. this OP), you're probably going to get people's opinion of you along with some fairly sound legal advice. Take it or leave it. This isn't a place where people are going to stand by and say being unethical is ok. If you want blind acceptance, go talk to your mom or a priest.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X