This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retroactive spousal support - quick question

if someone applies for retroactive spousal support, to what date is it retroactive from....
    ...the date of separation
    ...the date the first offer was sent
    ...the date an application was registered with the court
    ...?????

I've been searching online but not finding anything ... if i find the answer, I'll post it back here so others will know and can find it in a search

Comment

OK...from what I have read, I believe it is retroactive to date of separation.

Comment

I was separated July 09. Ex file for interim spousal in March 2010. Ex was awarded interim spousal the other day and it was retroactive from April 2010 and not date of separation. Ex even told the judge that she wanted to vacation at her parents house for 7 weeks in the summer and that I should pay for it. The judge bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstrike View Post
          I Ex even told the judge that she wanted to vacation at her parents house for 7 weeks in the summer and that I should pay for it. The judge bought it.
          oooo that just stinks!!! what ever happened to people's pride in themselves and being able to look in the mirror and like what they seeing shining back....oye - your judgement had to have stung!
          Maybe what i was reading as the, 'date of seperation' really means the date of a legal seperation?.... ack all this legal jargon hurts my head sometimes.

Comment

For clarification, legal separation was July 09.

Ya, that hurt the pocket book in court. It's going to be kraft dinner for awhile I guess. It was worth every penny just to get 50/50 with the children.

There is always money to be made, your children are only made once.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstrike View Post
              It was worth every penny just to get 50/50 with the children.

There is always money to be made, your children are only made once.
              You've put a smile on my face this morning.... how lucky your children are to have a parent that has the ability to see the really IMPORTANT things and realizes that money is only money and although it makes things more comfortable, it can't buy the most important things in life!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X