Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is claiming domestic violence in a divorce 'worth' it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    Simply put "murphyslaw" - false allegations of "intimate partner abuse" and "child abuse" destroy family units, often restrict loving and caring parents from being parents to the children. It puts people who are truly victims of "abuse" at risk and as another poster put it... Over time will bring so much suspicion to any allegation that eventually when a wolf does come around... A sheep may be eaten because people crying wolf and playing sheep on unsubstantiated and baseless claims to "win" in court.
    Stephen Watkins ex was an abuser.She had access to her children as she seemed to be a caring and loving parent.....She was under scrutiny from CAS I believe.She abducted her children just as Stephen had told the judges she would.Would you call Stephen Watkins fearful?He had every right to be.When dealing with ex partners with multiple nationalities ,it pays to be fearful.Not every judge sees this.Stephens ex had her children taken away in Poland as she was abusing them again,this time there was no partner to blame for her behaviour.

In order for our children to leave Canada to visit anywhere,both parents have to agree to it.Would you think that this order was fearful on the behalf of the judge?Or simply good logic?My children have never been denied access to their father.He on the other hand has flip flopped and lied time and time again on affidavits and spewed false accusations.The judge noted this and treated his behaviour as it should be treated.In the same way Working Dads ex has been treated.It also should be noted that the children in Zimbabwe had previously travelled to Zimbabwe and were safely returned.This wasn't a one off situation ,this is where people who had historically complied with orders now chose to disregard them.

Would you call Stephen Watkins a man who falsely cried wolf????You would be the only one.Im rather confused on your reaction when I suggested you get counselling to deal with your issues with DV.You previously thought everyone should have counselling in dealing with the issues in breakups and family law. Does this now mean everyone except you?You have no issues outstanding?Congratulations on being perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by Janus View Post
      If you say so, are you qualified to render such a diagnosis? What are your credentials?
      1. I didn't render the diagnosis a professional forensic psychologist did.

2. I don't need credentials to understand the results of my testing which is done yearly and in accordance with the requirements of my employment and explained by a registered clinician.

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

• Originally posted by madm82 View Post
        Tayken, you make such little sense I won't even pick apart your posts. You have flip-flopped so much.
        How have I 'flip flopped' in this debate? Furthermore, you are attempting to respond, poorly in fact, to the relevant information I bring forward and counter to your often disjointed responses which are mostly composed of emotional reasoning and not salient facts.

Originally posted by madm82 View Post
        I told you, and I don't need to defend myself against you and your obtuse viciousness in this subject anymore (hmmm.... abusers LOVE to beat their victims down), that my 'memories' are legit.
        Feel free to pettle your personal belief that your accounting of events (your "memory") is accurate and factual to the courts. Hopefully you don't have Justice Mossip as your justice.

I take no joy in having to identify the logical fallicies in your poorly constructed argument. Nor will the opposing counsel which will be cross examining you at trial in oral arguments. But, no doubt anyone who opposes your distorted view of the world and your "memories" will be labeled as "abusive" just like anyone who questions you or counters your "beliefs". It is a classic defense mechanism used by those who make false allegations of domestic violence with a view to gain "control" before the court.

Suffice to say... Senior judges who hear trials generally won't buy your hearsay story you are projecting on this site.

One only has to read your postings to this board to see how you actually flip-flop in your statements.

Furthermore, you are unable to say one good thing about the other parent. Not even that they love the children. Which is very sad to say the least.

So much so that yes, even CAS has proof.
        Don't they always when someone makes these allegations to this message board? Seems to be a common pattern of behaviour. What actions under the Family Services Act did CAS take upon the finding of this "abuse"?

As I have said before. You attack me for saying very little about my exact situation, yet in the same breath, you say "where is the proof?"
        1. I don't want your proof. The court will need your "proof". (Evidence) That is what you should be concerned with.

2. The questions I ask are to assist you in improving your "proof" and sorting that which is relevant to the court and the proceedings and those which could be leveraged against you to demonstrate you as someone who attempts to control others through fear through relentless false allegations and frivolous motions before the court and constant harassment of the other party through the CAS.

Well, if for a message board and for the sake of discussion you can't accept me telling you as truth, we'll never get anywhere because I am NOT laying it all out there for you.
        That is good. You should be doing that disclosure with your lawyer and determining what is relevant for your issues before the superior court and not on a public message forum.

You DO need to seek therapy on this subject.
        Really? Thank-you for your recommendation but, I much rather take advice from someone who isn't under the emotional stress of being before the superior court in a custody and access matter. Especially someone who can't even say one positive thing about the person they chose to have children with.

When Murphy's law makes this statement to you, you try saying that she is making a discriminatory statement and violating your human rights.
        That is because to call someone mentally ill is psychologically abusive and discriminatory. I rely upon the experts at CAMH who often speak publicly and bring awareness to the public regarding that very issue... But, it doesn't seem to apply to those who make false allegations of domestic violence...

Stigma

What the hell? But it was ok for you to say that to me multiple times?
        Please provide where I improperly suggested you should seek out professional help to resolve your issues that you are disclosing to a public message forum.

Whatever, come down off of your false pedastool.
        Not sure what you are referring to by this statement.

And again, a well quoted judge by you on here IS my judge, as I have said before. This judge felt believed my 'memories' and evidence to be true (as I have said before) so much so that this judge denied the op access of any sort.
        Was this on motion or at trial. Remember what one Justice (Pazaratz) has to say about establishing false status quo... That it is a form of child abuse... Hopefully you are not before Justice Pazaratz because I have seen litigants who make similar arguments as to the one you make on this message board... I have seen them lose custody and access to their children due to their conduct.

I didn't have to do a thing. You seriously, should take some good advice, get professional therapy on this subject and quit 'reading' articles online about it.
        This is a laughable recommendation. You are the one before the court, alleging abuse and seeking validation of your "feelings" on a public message form "madm82".

Picked apart by a lawyer-ha! I could see that happening to you, as it has been seen here how much you can flip flop.
        How do I flip-flop? Common term used by politicians when trying to paint someone in a negative light. But, as you can't point to any evidence of "flip-flopping" it is about as useful of a statement as when made by a politician.

Alas, I am sure everyone gets picked apart by these vultures.
        No, just those who are dishonest when they post to the forum, exaggerate their story, project blame and rely solely on emotional reasoning to make an argument.

YOU Tayken, do not need to try to act like one, based on very little evidence produced here, and on a public forum.
        Yes, my over 3100 posts and the reputation rendered to me general users is reflective of my "flip-flopping" and bad advice I reguarlly provide, free of charge, on this message forum.

That my dear, screams 'help me!' I think it is a sad, sick, situation the way you have viciously attacked me on here, belittled me and indirectly my children for our 'memories' or what we have experienced.
        That is the problem with "memory":

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...-memory-12829/

The misinformation effect refers to the finding that exposure to misleading information presented between the encoding of an event and its subsequent recall causes impairment in memory.[1][2] This effect occurs when participants' recall of an event they witnessed is altered by introducing misleading postevent information.[3] It is a prime example of retroactive interference, which occurs when information presented later interferes with the ability to retain previously encoded information. Essentially, the new information that a person receives works backward in time to distort memory of the original event.[2] The misinformation effect has been studied for over 30 years. Elizabeth Loftus is one of the most influential researchers in the field.

The misinformation effect reflects two of the cardinal sins of memory: suggestibility, the influence of others' expectations on our memory; and misattribution, information attributed to an incorrect source. Research on the misinformation effect has uncovered concerns about the permanence and reliability of memory.[4]
        But, I guess Elizabeth Loftus is a vicious and evil person too for her clinically researched and learned opinion on "memory". I guess we can add Justice Mossip to that list of evil people too for the jurisprudence she posted to CanLII.

When you have to do that to the extent you have, and non-stop, you do need to seek professional therapy. Especially when the person you are doing it too is a far cry off from calling wolf.
        That is your opinion and I kindly ask that you keep it to yourself. I kindly ask that you refrain from making libel statements against me on this message forum in such a manner.

As stated, I suffer no mental health issues.

Good Luck!
        Tayken

Comment

• Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
          Stephen Watkins ex was an abuser.She had access to her children as she seemed to be a caring and loving parent.....She was under scrutiny from CAS I believe.She abducted her children just as Stephen had told the judges she would.Would you call Stephen Watkins fearful?He had every right to be.When dealing with ex partners with multiple nationalities ,it pays to be fearful.Not every judge sees this.Stephens ex had her children taken away in Poland as she was abusing them again,this time there was no partner to blame for her behaviour.

In order for our children to leave Canada to visit anywhere,both parents have to agree to it.Would you think that this order was fearful on the behalf of the judge?Or simply good logic?My children have never been denied access to their father.He on the other hand has flip flopped and lied time and time again on affidavits and spewed false accusations.The judge noted this and treated his behaviour as it should be treated.In the same way Working Dads ex has been treated.It also should be noted that the children in Zimbabwe had previously travelled to Zimbabwe and were safely returned.This wasn't a one off situation ,this is where people who had historically complied with orders now chose to disregard them.
          Actually, Stephen, is a sheep which was eaten by a wolf because too many sheep cried wolf inappropriately. The good news is that through his efforts and awareness he brings to the area of false allegations of "domestic violence" through his efforts has protected one child that I am aware of from being improperly removed from Canada.

Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
          You would be the only one.
          Reality check for you "murphyslaw"... Does my victim impact statement written for Mr. Watkins matter suggest anything you are trying to imply against me?

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...tml#post112404

You can peddle your wares elsewhere and I kindly ask that you not make libel statements about me and my mental health which is fine.

Im rather confused on your reaction when I suggested you get counselling to deal with your issues with DV.
          I don't have issues with "domestic violence".

I am more confused with your use of punctuation, grammar and spelling.

You previously thought everyone should have counselling in dealing with the issues in breakups and family law. Does this now mean everyone except you?You have no issues outstanding?Congratulations on being perfect
          You seem to think that I am some how involved in a family law matter before the courts. Unfortunate of you to think that. I am involved in a matter before the court but it has nothing to do with me in particular. But, that is a matter best addressed by those who actually "work" to be a "parent".

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

• Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
            I know it is a personal issue for you and I do know how it feels to think you need to "defend" yourself against another poster here. Know that I say with the gentlest intentions that it is okay to step away.
            Yet you continue to engage...

Comment

• First off Tayken, I have said it before. CAS has proof because they WITNESSED it at access before.
              Secondly, and I said it before, how can I say one good thing about a man who took a knife to his own child..... or are you supportive of that? That's not even the half of it.
              I will not fall prey to you anymore on this subject.

Comment

First off Tayken, I have said it before. CAS has proof because they WITNESSED it at access before.
                Easy to allege on a public forum that there are piles of "witnesses" to what you are claiming. If what you are claiming is truthful then the CAS would have had to act under the Family Services Act and bring forward the matter and would be a party to the case generally and NOT a "WITNESS". Just saying...

Secondly, and I said it before, how can I say one good thing about a man who took a knife to his own child.....
                Is this what CAS "witnessed" at the access visit? Or is this something you are alleging happened?

I will not fall prey to you anymore on this subject.
                Fall "prey"? Odd choice of words.

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/10/18...-men-is-abuse/

I suppose asking (or begging) someone who muddles her way through life using intractable and convoluted emotional reasoning to focus on the facts may feel like torture to the emotional reasoner, but I disagree. It’s is far more abusive to gaslight and browbeat your partner into submitting to one’s distorted unreality and non-stop feeling states that often have very little to do with reality. Respectfully asking an emotional reasoner to develop and use critical thinking skills is a noble, if not futile, enterprise. It certainly isn’t abusive.

Although, I can see how a man, at the end of his rope after years of emotional abuse who snaps and shouts, “Use your brain, not your feelings, you stupid fool!” might be considered “abuse,” at least upon superficial observation. However, after years of being gaslighted and and having reality twisted and turned around on you, it’s actually a pretty understandable response to being abused.

“Not fair! He’s smarter than me! He makes meeeeeeee feeeeeeeeeeel stupid and irrational when he gets all logical! You think you’re so smart, don’t you?! Quit trying to impose the facts on me! Abuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!”

Not true. This type of woman usually doesn’t require assistance from anyone to appear ignorant and irrational. While an argument between an emotional reasoner and someone capable of logic and reason may not be a fair fight, it’s certainly not abuse.
                Good Luck!
                Tayken
                Last edited by Tayken; 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I don't have issues with "domestic violence".

I am more confused with your use of punctuation, grammar and spelling.

You seem to think that I am some how involved in a family law matter before the courts. Unfortunate of you to think that. I am involved in a matter before the court but it has nothing to do with me in particular. But, that is a matter best addressed by those who actually "work" to be a "parent".

Good Luck!
                  Tayken[/QUOTE]

Ok,now you are berating my grammar, and still confused as to why I suggested that you speak to someone about the effects of domestic violence on its victims.Never said you were a victim or a perpetrator, but rather someone who chooses not to educate himself on it.Interesting how you read that into it.

That comment on my grammar and spelling really hurt.Really.Your immature comment on my parenting was hilarious though My kids are great ,my parenting skills are spot on and endorsed by CAS but your cheap shot brought tears to my eyes in laughter.I got to you and this was all you were left with??I expected better.Feel free to answer with a lengthy monologue,Ive got tobogganing to do so my answer will have to wait but I will come back to see if you have improved on your insults.

Comment

• Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
                    Ok, now you are berating my grammar, and still confused as to why I suggested that you speak to someone about the effects of domestic violence on its victims.
                    The observations of your grammar and use of punctuation is not a "berating" of you. It is a critical observation of the fact that you use it improperly. Also, the lack of spacing in your responses between punctuation makes it very hard to read.

Also, you make a wild assumption that I don't work with true victims of domestic violence and lack any knowledge in the subject matter. I guess the articles I post and responses I provide are just random thoughts that are not based on any reading, research and actual involvement in the community. Jumping to conclusions...

Never said you were a victim or a perpetrator, but rather someone who chooses not to educate himself on it.Interesting how you read that into it.
                    In fact, I am quite educated in the matter. That is the problem with this debate. There are people arguing from the standpoint of "emotional reasoning" and not an educated background. Because you "feel" you were abused doesn't make you an expert on a subject. I challenge you to read just one of the papers posted to this thread... All of which I have read. Currently, for your information, I have read more papers and books and interviewed more people who work with true victims of violence than you probably ever will. You can discount me if you would like but, what you are stating is false and unfounded.

That comment on my grammar and spelling really hurt. Really.
                    See the above article linked from a Clinical Psychologist who focuses primarily in *her* practice on false allegations of domestic violence for my response to this emotional reasoning.

Your immature comment on my parenting was hilarious though
                    Which was? I didn't comment on your parenting. I suggest you read what was written SLOWER and out loud to assist you. I mentioned a "working" "parent". It is a clever reference to a poster on this board... Not you that is for sure.

My kids are great,my parenting skills are spot on and endorsed by CAS but your cheap shot brought tears to my eyes in laughter.
                    That cheap shot you are alledging is a reference to another poster on this message board who is a "WorkingParent"... Here is a link to help you as you like many highly conflicted people always think everything about them... When in reality it is not.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...l-alive-13934/

I got to you and this was all you were left with??I expected better.Feel free to answer with a lengthy monologue, I have got tobogganing to do so my answer will have to wait but I will come back to see if you have improved on your insults.
                    I wasn't insulting you. I was refering to a "REAL" situation before the courts ... It had NOTHING to do with you as I was referencing a "working" "parent" who's matters are before the court.

Not everything posted to this board is about you... Just to let you know.

Have fun tobogganing.

Here is a blast from the past that I always find interesting from you murphyslaw:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...59/#post105963

Still confused as to how you could relate Factitious Disorder by Proxy with allegations of abuse... As you didn't respond to my response... It is puzzling to say the least. But, a lot of people do come to this site in an effort to "allegations shop" to "build a case" against the other parent. Not saying you were doing that...

Good Luck!
                    Tayken
                    Last edited by Tayken; 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      Easy to allege on a public forum that there are piles of "witnesses" to what you are claiming. If what you are claiming is truthful then the CAS would have had to act under the Family Services Act and bring forward the matter and would be a party to the case generally and NOT a "WITNESS". Just saying...

Is this what CAS "witnessed" at the access visit? Or is this something you are alleging happened?

Fall "prey"? Odd choice of words.

An Immodest Proposal: Domestic Violence Groups Claim the Use of Logic by Men is Abuse | Shrink4Men

Good Luck!
                      Tayken
                      You have way too much time on your hands. Way too much.

Read the definition of psychotic- your name will appear next to it.

I will not copy and paste it over as I am quite sure you'll take care of that fine little detail

Anyone can link 'evidence' from 'professionals' on this thread to support their point of view.

I won't waste my time on it with you as it falls on deaf ears.

Your poor ex.........

Comment

You have way too much time on your hands. Way too much.

Read the definition of psychotic- your name will appear next to it.

I will not copy and paste it over as I am quite sure you'll take care of that fine little detail

Anyone can link 'evidence' from 'professionals' on this thread to support their point of view.

Your poor ex.........
                        I suppose asking (or begging) someone who muddles her way through life using intractable and convoluted emotional reasoning to focus on the facts may feel like torture to the emotional reasoner, but I disagree. It’s is far more abusive to gaslight and browbeat your partner into submitting to one’s distorted unreality and non-stop feeling states that often have very little to do with reality. Respectfully asking an emotional reasoner to develop and use critical thinking skills is a noble, if not futile, enterprise. It certainly isn’t abusive. - Tara Palmatier, C.Psych

Comment

• Seriously Tayken, you're psychotic. Please copy over the definition so everyone can see your name pasted beside it. Better yet, counter argue it, maybe somebody will listen.
                          Maybe we should go out for hot chocolate sometime (I don't drink coffee) so you can have a real person to talk to. In the words of someone else, then maybe you won't have to feel the need to be a "keyboard warrior".

Comment

Your poor ex.........
                            Then do it. Don't knock someone for using expert opinion to support their arguments. Disagree with their evidence all you want, just have the appropriate facts to do so.

Do you really need to comment on his 'ex'? Really? Seems like he could definitely turn around and do the same about yours. You think you're any better? While I think my ex is a lunatic, I still have some fond memories and don't care to trash her constantly. I know I had my faults, we all do. You know the expression about throwing bricks in a glass house, right?

Let's raise the level of the conversation here.

Comment

Seriously Tayken, you're psychotic. Please copy over the definition so everyone can see your name pasted beside it. Better yet, counter argue it, maybe somebody will listen.
                              Maybe we should go out for hot chocolate sometime (I don't drink coffee) so you can have a real person to talk to. In the words of someone else, then maybe you won't have to feel the need to be a "keyboard warrior".
                              madm, here you go. Here is what you are looking for.

The psychologist that Tayken is quoting is well known for her advocacy for men. It has created a very lucrative corner market for her.

It has also, however, created a situation where she was required to pay 20,000 pounds ($32,000 Canadian) in costs to a defendent. The court has dismissed some of her claims. There is really no point in arguing.

The Insanity of Dr T

Hope that helps. I am done now.

Comment

Seriously Tayken, you're psychotic. Please copy over the definition so everyone can see your name pasted beside it. Better yet, counter argue it, maybe somebody will listen.
                                Here's the damn definition:

Psychosis
                                Last reviewed: March 7, 2012.

Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality that usually includes:

False beliefs about what is taking place or who one is (delusions)

Seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations)

Psychosis - PubMed Health

His beliefs may be different than yours but I understand his arguments to be based on some research that he has cited. He doesn't seem to qualify as 'psychotic' in the least.

Another poor example of mudslinging we're seeing in this thread.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X