Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello! new to this, hoping to help and to get some help as well.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! new to this, hoping to help and to get some help as well.

I am a mother of a ds. Lived in NWO for a couple years, settled a custody/support aggreement there with his father. Now moved back to my (kinda) home city ( I lived here for 5 years prior to moving to NWO). Trying to make things work out best for my son, without placing him in the middle of the quarrel that exists between his father and I. His dad is very hostile against me and puts more effort into making my life miserable than his kids life awesome. If anyone is in a similar situation, any support would be greatly appreciated!

You moved your kid across the country - how often is your son able to see his father? Wow that's got to be tough on your son.

Comment

Actually, he didn't see his son for more time than a month total, if you added all their time spent together, during a whole two year stay there. So my ds hasn't really noticed. It's probably easier on him considering his dad wanted to spend more time yelling at me than talking to his son, and stealing the kids toys out of our yard, when he knew we were leaving town and he was fully aware and agreed to it. It was my fault for not getting written consent. But I really thought that because he didn't show any interest while we were living there, that he would be unlikey to kick up a stink once we left... We have been gone for 7 months now, called his son twice, telling him about all the fun stuff he had for our son at his house, and how our son couldn't see it anymore because we had moved. (might I add, when I left, I made sure I had been VERY clear on how I am willing ot have the father in my sons life, but only on the terms that the father approaches it in a positive manner. That as long as he acted respectful towards our child, then I would be more than willing to accomodate visitation. Also, the father lived in this city for 10-15 years and only moved to NWO recently (within the last 10 mths). So realistically, I am returning the child to where all 3 of us initially resided.

Comment

So which matters specifically do you hope to have addressed? The move? The access?

Are there any court orders in place, or simply one between yourselves?
        Does he pay CS, every month, on time? Table amt or other?

Comment

at this specific time, not much. I thought were I posted was just an introduction. I joined this as dealing with my ex is a constant battle and he is always threatening with some new "legal loophole" he has found.

I currently have sole custody of my ds also with a support order in place. The father is entitled to reasonable access. Support is table amount and court ordered through the FRO, paid through payroll deductions as the father has had issues with being able to provide financial assistance on time.

Also, I was never married to the childs father and we never resided in the same household. I have been at this solo since I became pregnant. His dad just comes and goes as he pleases.
          Last edited by calgarymom57; 10-05-2012, 02:09 AM. Reason: missing info

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X