Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
      I live in a city with over 100,000 pop.
      Originally posted by oink View Post
      To me that size is a Hamlet.....
      So, that would make Brantford a hamlet?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        I live on the outskirts of an 800,000+ population city, I rarely run into my ex locally, but run into him all the time in the city. Come to think of it, I rarely run into anyone I know here, but frequently do in the city.
        When I was a kid we went camping upstate New York. A huge massive live-in trailer pulled in next to us. Dad being the friendly person he is, started chatting with them. Turned out that they had their grand daughter visiting them from South Africa (where I was born 12 years prior) and that grand daughter lived next door to my parents when they were there. She didn't remember them, but dad sure remembered her.

The world can be a very small place, no matter what size city you live in.

Comment

The world can indeed be very small...

Years ago, I was with the ex in a local public bus in San Antonio, Texas. In that bus I could hardly believe my eyes at first...they were were our next door neighbours! We didn't even know they were on vacation.

Turns out they had rented a nearby condo. We were staying on a beach in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
            The world can indeed be very small...

Years ago, I was with the ex in a local public bus in San Antonio, Texas. In that bus I could hardly believe my eyes at first...they were were our next door neighbours! We didn't even know they were on vacation.

Turns out they had rented a nearby condo. We were staying on a beach in Mexico.
            S'funny when you think of it, there you are taking a vacation to get away from it all and the 'routine' follows you half way around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
              S'funny when you think of it, there you are taking a vacation to get away from it all and the 'routine' follows you half way around the world.
              Yep, it is funny. They were nice people but we seldom spoke to each other even though they were right next door.
              The ex would let the grass grow so high in the spring, the lawn was crawling with tall dandelions. It was quite a sight. The neighbours were not amused.

I think they might have forgiven the dandelions migrating to their lawn...just to keep on track.

Comment

You know what else is funny? Every time I click on next page, it goes back to Blink's comment - So what's your point? hahaha! next page, so what's your point?

It's like groundhog day! (pun intended)

Comment

So, what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                    Is there any chance that if I keep bumping up this thread, the weirdness will stop? Deja-vu?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X