This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to vent

I am so mad right now, I just want to scream.
    For almost two years I have been trying to just get a divorce.
    For two years I have been having this ongoing battle with the soon to be ex.
    When I finally think that maybe, just maybe we can work this out and just stop arguing over everything, and just let it end.... the ex or his lawyer throw another curve ball.

I will be going thru my SECOND Settlement Conference in about a month. I thought I there was only ONE of these things.
    A week after I got notice that there was going to be a SECOND Settlement Conference... The soon to be ex throws us a curve ball and says that he NEEDS a pre-trial examination (Of just me)

Which was fine. I knew that it had to do mainly with the financial aspect of our marriage, and the money I took out of an account to start my life again in an apartment with my three kids (staying in the family home was just not safe anymore.

I was prepared for this pre-trial thing. I went over my work. MAde sure that I had every single receipt etc....
    I knew exactly where I spent the money at etc...

And at 9 am in the morning, my soon to be ex husbands faxes my lawyer and cancels the pre-trial examination.

I know I should be glad that I don't have to go thru it.
    But I am so mad at the same time.
    I had myself worked up over this.
    I was so prepared and quite honestly.
    I was ready to make that lawyer look like an ass.
    I wanted to see his face when I expalined where the money went. Showed him where it went. Proved to him that his "client" is nothing more than a lying _________.

And I didn't get that chance.

I am so sorry, I just needed to vent.

My lawyer explained tome, that he probably won't reschedule another one.
    But it still the whole thing just pisses me right off.

That sucks! Sorry to hear.

2 years for a messy divorce is a pretty typical length of time, unfortunately. I know that's a really long time to live with all of that going on.

Use the extra time on your hands to pamper yourself a bit....
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Often "messy" divorces can take 3-5 years to be resolved. Go ahead and vent through this forum. It is very thearaputic. I suspect that your ex is using the court system/lawyers to what I call "legally bully" you.

Hang Tough,
      Grace

Comment

Pre- Trial Back ON

Stupid ex's lawyer wants to re-schedule the stupid pre-trial examination.
        Which means that I will have to take yet another half day off work.

And the week after that I have the settlement conference.

Somedays I just want to scream.

Comment

I have to say that I'm often hesitant to tell clients about court dates, because I know that for a lot of them, particularly motions, there's a good chance that there will be an adjournment. I think that's just something you need to be prepared for. Especially on a day when the judge has too many cases to hear, the judge will be predisposed to granting an adjournment. I think (I don't have official confirmation) that in Ottawa for family law motions, 9 hours of motions are scheduled for a 6 hour day on the assumption that 3 hours or so of the motions will settle in advance or adjourned.
          Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Freshstart...

Just keep your eye on the prize. I hope you don't have any kids complicating the waters. Regardless, just stay focused and realized that it will be over soon enough. Then you will be able to move on and put it behind you. It doesn't do yourself any good to get worked up over things you have very little control over. So let you counsel do their thing and you continue to live your life and move forward.

Don't allow the changes, schedules and curveballs get to you. Take them in stride like you expected them all along and put them behind you one at a time.

Comment

Worked up

I know what you mean about getting all worked up for the day. I have to mentally prepare to deal with my ex. If I don't I'll lose all my composure and just go ape.

Comment

Originally posted by abigail
                I know what you mean about getting all worked up for the day. I have to mentally prepare to deal with my ex. If I don't I'll lose all my composure and just go ape.
                Thats sad that most people are like that
                When my parents broke up, my mothers whole mood would change when my dad came around.

Its like it just does something inside you.
                I try not to let that happen to me though, it's really not worth it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X