Spousal Support - Why It Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, for clarification as it seems you are confused:

If you wish to respond to a post or a thread, do it in the appropriate thread instead of cross posting into another thread.

If you have an issue with this, please contact a moderator via PM.

Comment

Thanks blink. Hear ya loud and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        lol...is Soonfree bumping every old SS thread to rage at the perceived injustice of it all?
        Yes, and why not, everybody else seems free to share their opinions on the issues. I have read lots of interesting information on this forum, and many who post here are obviously either employed in some aspect of the legal profession or have had so much personal experience with the system that they seem like they are. Really, its great that this forum provides the service it does, and helps those with the mutitude of questions they have. My views may not be popular with some, but I think I have a right to share like everyone else. If more people thought like I do, the lawyers and judges would be unemployed. People wouldn't feel so confused by the whole process because there would be no need for it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          He very well may be. He's obviously trying desperately to round up a posse (sp?).

Desperate people do desperate things I guess.
          arabian - I have read many of your posts and I think you are quite free in sharing your opinions. Many of your posts are good information and will help those who are caught up in this mess of a legal system. You seem to have lots of experience in dealing with courts and these matters. I wonder why that is and why you seem to feel so threatened by someone with different views than you.

GIRL POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soonfree!! View Post
            I wonder why that is and why you seem to feel so threatened by someone with different views than you.

GIRL POWER!!!
            I can't answer for Arabian - who by the way is one of the most intelligent posters in here and has helped me many a time with her good advice and eloquent opinions. Whenever the subject of SS is mentioned in this forum, I tend to keep my opinions to myself as I 'expect' a barrage of negativity from certain posters both male and female.

Bad enough I have to defend myself in court, at the bank, through the family law system ... I don't have the energy nor the need to do it here. All of us are dealing with our own version hell at this time. I don't see the point in making personal attacks just to make a point?

If SS or CS has been awarded by the courts, then there is a need and an obligation - whether it's fair or not is a matter of opinion. Bottom line the only opinion that really matters in this is the Judge's.

Comment

I believe many of us have responded to you on another post entitled "what is your opinion." You have made yourself very clear that you do not favor SS.

You seem to want to merely argue with everyone over laws that are in place and would take legislature to change. While I realize this category is Political, I think it would be more appropriate to be debating current political events or even new case law as they effect the topic.

We get that you do not approve of Spousal Support. Do you, yourself, have to currently pay SS? It is always helpful when responding to someone's questions, to know where they are coming from. Why don't you tell us something about yourself for a start? Are you new to the forum or did you merely change your name?

To answer your question: If I felt "threatened" by someone with different views I certainly wouldn't be on the ODF. No I certainly don't feel threatened by you or anyone else for that matter.

Girl power? What is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Janibel - I agree, and i think I commended arabian on her many posts and her insight into these matters. I am sure they are of great value to a great many people. I was simply replying to her pointed comments. Refering to the fact that I have commented on some posts (an ancient one by mistake), and she then felt the need to say " He very well may be. He's obviously trying desperately to round up a posse (sp?). Desperate people do desperate things I guess.".
                I am can't imagine why she felt the need, other than she disagrees with my point of view.
                I do not mean to offend you, her, or anyone else. However, i do believe that the laws that the judges are upholding are unfair and blatantly wrong. I think they are no better than the laws that once prevented women from owning property or to have a vote. Bottom line, just because a law exists doesn't make it just.

Comment

Originally posted by soonfree!! View Post
                  Yes, and why not, everybody else seems free to share their opinions on the issues. I have read lots of interesting information on this forum, and many who post here are obviously either employed in some aspect of the legal profession or have had so much personal experience with the system that they seem like they are. Really, its great that this forum provides the service it does, and helps those with the mutitude of questions they haveMy views may not be popular with some, but I think I have a right to share like everyone else. If more people thought like I do, the lawyers and judges would be unemployed. People wouldn't feel so confused by the whole process because there would be no need for it at all.
                  Why not? Because again, necroposting is in bad form.

Good for you for going back to the archives to read, but please don't clutter up the board with old, dead and outdated posts.

Comment

If more people thought like I do, the lawyers and judges would be unemployed.
                    Tad bit grandiose?

Bottom line, just because a law exists doesn't make it just.
                    Bottom line, divorces are specific. Applying generalizations to every case because things didn't work out the way that you wanted them to for you or your new partner is ridiculous.

My new partner pays a substantial amount of SS to his ex-spouse who is educated and who works full-time because they mutually agreed that she would make career sacrifices to raise their children. He wouldn't share your views...not all men or women do. Get over it!

There's no need to bump every old thread to rage about SS, you've made your point very clear. Try accepting that not everyone agrees with you and move on.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X